Author Topic: NYC hotel and tourism business has long road to recovery, study says  (Read 219 times)

Offline Kamaji

NYC hotel and tourism business has long road to recovery, study says

By Carl Campanile
April 20, 2022

New York’s world-renowned hotel and tourism industry has a steep climb to bounce back to its pre-pandemic glory days — with hotel business travel revenue expected to be 55% lower in the Big Apple market this year than in 2019, a sobering new industry analysis reveals.

The report by the American Hotel & Lodging Association and Kalibri Labs says hotel business travel revenue across the US in 2022 is projected to be 23% below pre-pandemic levels, ending the year down more than $20 billion compared to 2019.

These projections come after hotels lost an estimated $108 billion in business travel revenue during 2020 and 2021 combined.

But the New York hotel business travel industry is suffering the most of any market in the country — with the exception of San Francisco, where hotel business travel is expected to be 68% lower than in 2019, the report said.

Other urban hotel-tourism markets still suffering from the COVID-19 blues include Washington, DC, where business is projected to be 54% lower, Chicago 49%, Boston 47% and New Orleans 32% below 2019 levels.

The New York state hotel business travel market as a whole is also a laggard, with revenue expected to be 46% lower than 2019.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/04/20/nyc-hotel-and-tourism-business-has-long-road-to-recovery-study/

Offline Kamaji

Re: NYC hotel and tourism business has long road to recovery, study says
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 11:53:21 am »
That also translates into a lot of lost tax revenue.

Oh well, if you try to smother the goose, you can't complain if you stop getting quite as many golden eggs.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 12:31:56 pm »
I wouldn't go to NYC right now, unless there was no way to get out of it. And even if I did go, I would never leave the hotel.
DeBlasio had a mission to turn NYC into a third world shithole like the ones he is from. And he did it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 10:38:05 pm »
My last trip to New York City was my last day on the job.

I left on train 178, slowed the train down on the top of the Hell Gate Bridge, and took a good look back for a few moments. Then I ran the job back to New Haven, my last trip.

That was over ten years ago.
I have no plans to return to that place, ever.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 11:01:37 pm by Fishrrman »