Author Topic: I Just Don’t Get It... Derek Hunter  (Read 111 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I Just Don’t Get It... Derek Hunter
« on: April 21, 2022, 05:32:58 pm »
I Just Don’t Get It
Derek Hunter

Posted: Apr 21, 2022 12:01 AM

I’m ready to make a lot of you mad, and I’m ok with that….

I’m not against hunting, it helps control animal populations that otherwise would grow too large and starve a lot of them. It also feeds people. I’m not even really “against” what I’m going to talk about here, I’m just saying that I simply do not get it. I’m talking about trophy hunting.

I get that in a lot of cases trophy hunting helps support the animals and keeps populations alive – an animal that provides incomes to tribes and/or governments will be protected and less likely to go extinct. I get all of that.

What I don’t get is the desire to kill an animal so you can say you did. So you can take a picture next to its dead body. So you can mount its head on your wall.

I will never understand the mentality of watching television, seeing some majestic creature in Africa and thinking, “My God, such a beautiful creature – I must kill one.” More than that, you have to drop a huge sum of money for the privilege.

What brought this up? This story from the UK Daily Mail about a man who paid $50,000 to kill a rare big tusker elephant. The weirdo, in my opinion, said after, “You know, there's more to it than shooting a bull, taking a photograph, becoming a hero and all this other nonsense.”

The hunter is a guy named Leon Kachelhoffer, who paid $50,000 to shoot the animal, which was more than 50 years old. They say he killed it “with a single shot.”

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2022/04/21/i-just-dont-get-it-n2606117
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online goatprairie

Re: I Just Don’t Get It... Derek Hunter
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 08:20:50 pm »
I'll start off by saying despite never being a hunter (just a rotten fisherman), I 100% support hunting.
In the recent past for many it was a sign of courage facing down a huge game animal supposedly risking your life. There used to be numerous movies and tv shows depicting the big game hunter as a hero. Not so much anymore. Or at all.
I think there's some innate, instinctive thing inside many people where in primitive times getting big animals meant your tribe/group ate well. The hunter who got the biggest  animal was probably the most esteemed.
Where I live the deer hunter who got the buck with the most points was highly envied. I sat at a lunch table in high school with friends who were all hunters except for me.
I have heard so many deer hunting stories and talk about guns (in and out of high school) I almost felt I could talk a good deer hunting tale myself.