Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene: I did not call for violent capitol insurrection  (Read 222 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Marjorie Taylor Greene: I did not call for violent capitol insurrection

A US congresswoman has denied calling for an "insurrection" in Washington as part of a trial challenging her right to stand for re-election.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is being tried under a Civil War era law that bars officials from holding office if they violate their oath to protect the US.

The Georgia Republican, a close ally to Donald Trump, is one of the party's most right-wing members in Congress.

Democrats claim she played a key role in the 6 January US Capitol riot.

On Friday, Ms Greene, 47, became the first sitting lawmaker to testify under oath about her alleged role in the attack in 2021, as Congress was meeting to cement Joe Biden's election victory over Mr Trump.

She testified to the Georgia courtroom that she "had no knowledge of any attempt" to illegally interfere with vote counting in Congress that day........

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61196311
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.