Author Topic: Addicts’ parents fear ‘apocalyptic’ new drug ISO, 20x stronger than fentanyl  (Read 374 times)

Offline Kamaji

Addicts’ parents fear ‘apocalyptic’ new drug ISO, 20x stronger than fentanyl

By Michael Kaplan
April 21, 2022

Mark Geary did not know what ISO was until his son overdosed on the stuff last year.

Now he keeps his offspring’s ashes in a small urn emblazoned with the Kansas City Chiefs logo. “They were Jeff’s favorite team,” Geary, a retiree in Northern California, told The Post. “He bought what he thought was hydrocodone from a so-called friend at work. But it actually had ISO in it and that is what killed him.”

The synthetic opioid ISO is said to be 20 times stronger than the already deadly fentanyl. Jeff, who was 42 when he died, crossed paths with it when he unknowingly bought counterfeit hydrocodone pills.

“I hate the guy who sold it to Jeff,” Geary said. “I never knew there was a black market where a pill looks like the real thing and is laced with this horrible stuff.”

ISO is being used more and more to make fake Valium and OxyContin pills. As is the case with fentanyl, counterfeiters use ISO because the ingredients of legitimate opiates are more expensive, difficult to obtain and tricky to combine.

Officially known as isotonitazene, the deadly drug is frighteningly easy to obtain in bulk. A Google search leads to a company based in China, with 24/7 customer service and 10 grams available for just $450.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/04/21/the-rise-of-iso-deadly-new-opioid-20x-stronger-than-fentanyl/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
On the bright side,it is likely to clean up our parks and streets.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
ISO is being used more and more to make fake Valium and OxyContin pills.

Anyone caught knowingly selling these pills as valium or Oxy should be charged with attempted murder.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It takes 2 milligrams of fentanyl to kill people. At 20X the strength, that's .1 mg for ISO. Absolutely miniscule amounts.

We are way beyond the conventional thinking of addictions and OD's, ISO is botulism level toxic and a ready made weapon for terrorists.

This is a straight up nat'l security issue.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

And this stuff is supposed to be weaker than another opioid known as Etonitazene.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It takes 2 milligrams of fentanyl to kill people. At 20X the strength, that's .1 mg for ISO. Absolutely miniscule amounts.

We are way beyond the conventional thinking of addictions and OD's, ISO is botulism level toxic and a ready made weapon for terrorists.

This is a straight up nat'l security issue.
I agree. half a gram of this in an air duct or spread on a counter somewhere, and people could start dropping over with no one able to figure out why.

By contrast, a person would have to ingest between 200 and 300 milligrams of Hydrogen Cyanide to get a lethal dose--two to three thousand times as much.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I agree. half a gram of this in an air duct or spread on a counter somewhere, and people could start dropping over with no one able to figure out why.

By contrast, a person would have to ingest between 200 and 300 milligrams of Hydrogen Cyanide to get a lethal dose--two to three thousand times as much.

@Smokin Joe

If it CAN be done,there is some sick SOB out there dreaming of doing it even as I type this. Which means it WILL be done.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

If it CAN be done,there is some sick SOB out there dreaming of doing it even as I type this. Which means it WILL be done.
That's some dangerous stuff in the 'right' hands, in the wrong hands it's a disaster looking for a place to happen.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Officially known as isotonitazene, the deadly drug is frighteningly easy to obtain in bulk. A Google search leads to a company based in China, with 24/7 customer service and 10 grams available for just $450.

Just one more act of war by Joes buddies against Americans.

Offline Smokin Joe

Well, the trick to getting around the Controlled Substance designation, is to have a new drug with a formula that is as yet unappreciated, and which will produce a buzz. Until it is listed, it isn't illegal. Hard to stay ahead of that, but the chemists do.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re:New Cancer Drug Worked for me so far
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2022, 05:41:49 pm »
Well, the trick to getting around the Controlled Substance designation, is to have a new drug with a formula that is as yet unappreciated, and which will produce a buzz. Until it is listed, it isn't illegal. Hard to stay ahead of that, but the chemists do.

@Smokin Joe  @mystery-ak @sneakypete

Sorry about changing the topic,but I figured more people might read it this way.

Myst,PLEASE feel free to move this post to a more appropriate category if you feel the need. I am pinging myself in case that happens.

BTW,you will NOT "get a buzz" from taking these capsules.

I was diagnosed as having Stage 4 Lymphoma. After maxing out on chemo and the other thing,my cancer doc told me I was terminal at the same time she told me I also now have cancer in my groin.

She then told me about an experimental pill she can prescribe for me that "seems to help some people",but makes most people so sick they tell her they would rather die from the cancer than continue to take it,and asked me if I wanted to try it.

I said "Hell,YEAH! IF  it makes me that sick,I can always stop taking it,but I would be a damn fool to not even try it."

So she prescribed it for me and told me it would be sent to me in the mail.

Here is where Chemo Brain really worked for me. By the time the pills came in the mail I had forgotten what they were for and that they were supposed to make me sick,so I just went ahead and took them without even giving them a thought. Chances are that IF I had remembered they were supposed to make me sick,they would have.

Anyhow,I went in for a PET Scan a few weeks later to check on the advance of my cancer,and when I went to the cancer doc to get the results,her eyes go big when she read the report before telling me,"According to this,you are now cancer-free!"

Not really believing it,she sent me back in for another pet scan the following week,and when I went to get the results for that one,they were the same.

She now has me taking PET Scans once every 3 months,and I am on my first refill on the pills. They come 120 to a bottle,and I was told to two 2 capsules twice a day.

I can't give a definitive answer as to it's effect on cancer yet because no doctor will declare you to be cancer-free until you have show negative cancer results for  years,but I can  tell you that I actually started feeling better the first week I was taking the pills.

I just got my first refill in from the VA last week.

I get mine free from the VA because I am an Agent Orange vet,but if you have to buy them you need to have really good insurance,or disposable cash because the cheapest place you can buy them is either Wal-Mart of a Food Lion Pharmacy. A bottle of 120 capsules is $13,400 for them,and $14,400 from everyone else.

I suspect that if you want or need to order them from a commercial pharmacy that you be prepared to pay in advance to get them to order the capsules for you. I seriously doubt anybody keeps them in stock.

Also,be aware they are NOT advertised as cancer treatment pills because they were released early before they got FDA approval.  They are sold as generic pills with no stated uses.

Yeah,it is a lot of money,but not so much if it saves your life while keeping you out of the hospital.  Remember,I tested as cancer-free after taking them for only 1 month. I am still taking them,just in case.

The name of the company that manufactures them is "Brukinsa".

The name of the drug in the capsules is "Zanubrutinib",and they seem to come with  120 capsules per bottle.

I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER as to any negative effects they might have with any other medications you may be taking. I STRONGLY recommend you have a serious discussion with your cancer doctor before buying or taking them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 05:42:40 pm by sneakypete »