Author Topic: Florida Senate Passes Bill to End Disney’s Special Tax Jurisdiction  (Read 553 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida Senate Passes Bill to End Disney’s Special Tax Jurisdiction

Sean Moran 20 Apr 2022

The Florida Senate passed on Wednesday legislation to end Disney’s special tax and governing jurisdiction.

The Senate passed S. 4-C, which is the legislation that would dissolve the Reedy Creek Improvement District, otherwise known as the special tax and governing jurisdiction for the Walt Disney World Resort.

The legislation passed with 23 votes in favor of the bill, and 16 against the bill.

https://twitter.com/greggiroux/status/1516807549919633412

The Florida legislature authorized the special district in 1967 to boost economic development and tourism; however, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) and Florida Republicans proposed the legislation to eliminate the special district after Disney has continued to oppose DeSantis’s Parental Rights in Education Bill and also pushed to incorporate “many, many, many LGBTQIA characters in its stories.”

DeSantis said state lawmakers would consider the proposal this week to strip Disney’s special district. Florida state Rep. Randy Fine (R) followed quickly in suit to propose the legislation to eliminate this corporate welfare for Disney.

The Florida state House will likely take up the legislation on Thursday; the Florida House State Affairs Committee passed it favorably out of the committee on Tuesday.

Fine said in a statement on Tuesday, “Disney is a guest in Florida. Today, we remind them. @GovDeSantis just expanded the Special Session so I could file HB3C which eliminates Reedy Creek Improvement District, a 50 yr-old special statute that makes Disney to exempt from laws faced by regular Floridians.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/20/florida-senate-passes-bill-to-end-disneys-special-tax-jurisdiction/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Florida Senate Passes Bill to End Disney’s Special Tax Jurisdiction
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 07:53:07 pm »
You know, Disney really screwed the pooch on going full retard woke.

Now they are gonna pay.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 09:11:31 pm »

Now they are gonna pay.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 09:12:43 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 09:14:21 pm »

Now they are gonna pay.

And they should.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 09:25:19 pm »
I guess it looks good in the House?  This would really torque Disney, how did they not think this could happen?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 09:29:06 pm »
I guess it looks good in the House?  This would really torque Disney, how did they not think this could happen?

Disney is still under the impression that they made Fl and Fl can't do without them.   That ship has sailed.  Disney could fold tomorrow and some company would swoop in and replace it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 10:45:10 pm »
The torqueing will be done my shareholders who see their value being wiped out by the company malfeasance.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2022, 11:16:56 pm »
The torqueing will be done my shareholders who see their value being wiped out by the company malfeasance.

Investor lawsuits are a-coming.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2022, 11:17:58 pm »
Republicans have a very solid majority of 77 to 42 in the House...

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 11:20:52 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2022, 11:53:10 pm »
GET WOKE, GO BROKE!
Like so many before them, Disney has WOKE themselves straight into bankruptcy.
Will never understand why so many corporations are willing to sacrifice 99% of their customers to appease 0.8% of the population, many of whom are not even in their customer base.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 12:11:18 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2022, 12:08:26 am »
GET WOKE, GO BROKE!Like so many before them, Disney has WOKE themselves straight into bankruptcy.
Will never understand why so many corporations are willing to sacrifice 99% of their customers to appease 0.8% of the population, many of whom are not even in their customer base.
You'd think that they would have figured it out by now...
But Disney opposed Apartheid in South Africa and 'celebrated' Mandella and the ANC (communists) getting power.
So they have been pushing agendas for a long time.

But on this, they had the examples of:

K-Mart not ditching Rosie after she went full rabid batsh*t on Tom Selleck over an NRA ad he'd done...
(K-Mart was the single largest retailer of guns in the US at the time).

JC Penney's after running the 'two mommies' ads...

Just to name two.

Shut up and run the store, for pete's sake, and keep the "message" crap out of it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2022, 01:15:25 am »
"This clip is made by Chuck Todd informing her a few seconds later that the Disney lobbyists did, in fact, lose."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/1516841569449656322