Author Topic: 3 Dunkin NJ Lawsuits Filed, Residents Claim Injuries Over Hot Coffee  (Read 200 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
NEW JERSEY - Three Garden State residents have separately filed lawsuits against coffee giant Dunkin', claiming its hot coffee causes burns when spilled and storefronts are too hazardous.

Evan Arlington and his wife Stephanie Arlington-Macisa were the first to pursue litigation against the breakfast chain, according to a complaint filed April 4 in the Superior Court of Passaic County.

The lawsuit alleges that the store was "negligent in the preparation, sale and service of the coffee … in that it was too hot" by causing second- and third-degree burns on Arlington's skin.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/across-nj/3-dunkin-lawsuits-filed-nj-residents-claim-injuries
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: 3 Dunkin NJ Lawsuits Filed, Residents Claim Injuries Over Hot Coffee
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 07:20:57 pm »
 :coffee!: :coffee!: :coffee!:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 07:32:09 pm »
I remember a bunch of years an older lady sued Micky D's for their hot coffee scalding her private area when she spilled it while putting it between her legs.  The jury award was huge.  But it got reduced to a fraction of that.   

I mean it wasn't like she was using it much anymore.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 07:27:51 am »
I remember a bunch of years an older lady sued Micky D's for their hot coffee scalding her private area when she spilled it while putting it between her legs.  The jury award was huge.  But it got reduced to a fraction of that.   

I mean it wasn't like she was using it much anymore.
And of course her grandson bore no responsibility when he accelerated sharply while she had the lid off and was putting in the cream. We had to reduce the brewing temp for years afterward and that doesn't brew like it should. Coffee is hot, it's supposed to be, so if someone is to damn stupid to handle it or drink it carefully it's all on them. I can't remember how many times I got distracted pouring a cup and spilled hot, really hot, coffee on my hand and never once did I file a work comp claim or get a lawyer.