Author Topic: Fed-up sheriff running for Congress tells off major U.S. newspaper in epic fashion  (Read 481 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WND By Joe Kovacs 4/19/2022

'They would rather bend a story to fit their own narrative than report facts'

At a time when millions of Americans have a problem with slanted news coverage, one fed-up sheriff running for U.S. Congress is telling his local newspaper to, in essence, go fly a kite for its biased reporting.

It's the Sacramento Bee in California's capital city that is drawing the ire of Scott Jones, the Republican sheriff of Sacramento County for the past 12 years.

The newspaper's editorial board had invited Jones to participate in an "endorsement interview" for California's 3rd congressional district.

But on Monday, the sheriff shot a scathing letter at the paper, holding nothing back as he voiced what was on his mind.

"I will not seek – nor do I want – The Bee's endorsement," Jones wrote.

"Let me be clear, I value free, fair, and thorough journalism. Unfortunately, with rare exception, The Bee and their Editorial Staff have proven time and time again that they do not share the same values."

"I have always welcomed honest critique; however, The Bee has resorted to name calling, mischaracterizations, and demonstrated multiple times that they would rather bend a story to fit their own narrative than report facts.

"Perhaps most publicly, you've continuously resorted to personal attacks and name-calling, including labeling me as 'Mini-Trump' simply from me working to secure our borders, and refusing to back down on soft-on-crime politicians. ...

"I will always sit down with honest reporters who try to understand the complex issues facing our communities, and report on them in balanced tones. I do not share the same desire to sit down with The Bee's Editorial Board."

More: https://www.wnd.com/2022/04/fed-sheriff-running-congress-tells-off-major-u-s-newspaper-epic-fashion/

Offline Kamaji