Author Topic: Boris Johnson Announces the UK Will Send Illegal Migrants to Rwanda  (Read 461 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Boris Johnson Announces the UK Will Send Illegal Migrants to Rwanda
Madeline Leesman

Posted: Apr 18, 2022 11:15 AM

On Thursday, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced that the British government will begin sending migrants who illegally enter to Rwanda in an effort to stop illegal immigration.

According to The New York Times, the new policy will apply to anyone who entered the UK illegally since Jan. 1.

The Times noted that Johnson stated during remarks on Thursday that the move was made possible by Brexit.

“In a speech on Thursday, Mr. Johnson said his plan could resettle thousands of migrants who cross the English Channel after long journeys from countries like Albania, Iraq and Sudan, and would apply to those who had arrived since January. He said that Britain ‘cannot sustain a parallel illegal system. Our compassion may be infinite, but our capacity to help people is not.’

In Rwanda, those who arrived in so-called emergency transit centers would be given the option of seeking resettlement to countries other than Britain, returning home or to a previous country of asylum, or staying in Rwanda. Britain will pay Rwanda 120 million pounds, about $157 million, to finance opportunities including education, vocational and skills training and language lessons.”

Johnson added in his speech that the policy will likely face legal challenges. The Times mentioned that several human rights groups immediately denounced the policy, claiming that it is inhumane and “violates international agreements” and will encourage other countries to send migrants to other countries.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/madelineleesman/2022/04/18/boris-johnson-announces-the-uk-will-send-illegal-migrants-to-rwanda-n2605980
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Boris Johnson Announces the UK Will Send Illegal Migrants to Rwanda
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 07:44:13 pm »
So, regardless of their country of origin, they get sent to Rwanda?  How much is the UK paying Rwanda for this?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 07:46:55 pm »
So, regardless of their country of origin, they get sent to Rwanda?  How much is the UK paying Rwanda for this?
Article says $157 million, so chicken feed.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 09:01:28 pm »
Article says $157 million, so chicken feed.

Depending on how many they take, it's a good deal.

Offline yodaspock

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 10:04:39 pm »
Can the US piggy back on this deal, I bet we could double the amount paid to Rwanda we have a couple million that need to go.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 10:14:33 pm »
Sounds like BREXIT is already paying dividends.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2022, 10:21:15 pm »
Can the US piggy back on this deal, I bet we could double the amount paid to Rwanda we have a couple million that need to go.

Either that or DEPORT them back to where they came from!
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2022, 10:44:54 pm »
Sweden will be next to start expelling migrants. They have become violent and intolerant of the country that accepted them. In short, they have become a danger to society and to the nation as a whole. It is time for them to go.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2022, 12:26:31 am »
Now THAT is a plan I could get behind!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2022, 12:28:31 am »
Sweden will be next to start expelling migrants. They have become violent and intolerant of the country that accepted them.

@240B

You ain't just a-woffing about that one! There are some sections of Swedish cities now where non-Muslims are NOT allowed.

In short, they have become a danger to society and to the nation as a whole. It is time for them to go.

It is long past time. From what little reading I do about this,the Swedes have basically given up on them.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 12:29:56 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2022, 12:41:43 am »
Sweden will be next to start expelling migrants. They have become violent and intolerant of the country that accepted them. In short, they have become a danger to society and to the nation as a whole. It is time for them to go.

Denmark has the same problem as do many of the European countries.  I believe it is Belgium that built a wall so that they weren't invaded by migrants.

The good ole USA has seen what has happened in Europe and the leftists decided leaving our borders open is an opportunity to garner votes.
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2022, 03:57:00 am »
Denmark has the same problem as do many of the European countries.  I believe it is Belgium that built a wall so that they weren't invaded by migrants.

The good ole USA has seen what has happened in Europe and the leftists decided leaving our borders open is an opportunity to garner votes.
The countries that have erected barriers are:

1. Bulgaria

The country built a wall along the Turkish border, which was completed in August 2015. It marks the beginning of the walling off of Europe, as some are referring to it.

2. Hungary

Hungary completed its wall along the Serbian border on 14 September 2015, and the wall along the Croatian border a month later.

3. Slovenia

Slovenia built a razor sharp fence, cutting across the Croatian border in November last year.

4. Macedonia

At the end of November, Macedonia completed a wall along the Greek border topped with barb wire.

5. Austria

In April of this year, Austria began construction of a ‘fence’ along the Italian border.

6. France

Now France joins them, funded by the UK.

I'm not sure but I believe Hungary was the first to build a wall to stop the wave of migrants marching through. Considering the EU Commission is headquartered in Brussels and the EU is pro open borders and pro migrant I would be very surprised to hear that Belgium built a wall, though I am surprised that France is building a wall.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2022, 09:24:57 pm »

It's possible; it seems that the traditional Swedish tolerance is beginning to reach its limits.