Author Topic: Judge Rules Group of Georgia Voters Can Proceed With Case to Disqualify Marjorie Taylor Greene From  (Read 239 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge Rules Group of Georgia Voters Can Proceed With Case to Disqualify Marjorie Taylor Greene From Office
By Mike Miller | Apr 19, 2022 11:00 AM ET

A coalition of Georgia voters, in late March, filed a legal challenge arguing that Georgia Republican Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene does not meet the federal constitutional requirements for a Member of the U.S. House of Representatives and is therefore ineligible to be a candidate for such office.

The legal challenge stems from Greene’s alleged involvement in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

The group of voters, represented by Free Speech for People (how ironic), argue in the complaint that “Greene repeatedly advocated for political violence, up to and including, her encouragement of insurrectionists on January 6.” (At this point I’m simply reporting; the skewering comes at the end.)

A federal judge of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia on Monday refused to grant a preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order filed by Greene that would have delayed action in the case, as reported by The New York Times.

Judge Amy Totenberg, an Obama appointee (who knew?) wrote that Greene had not met her “burden of persuasion” in her request for an injunction. As transcribed by Newsweek:

This case involves a whirlpool of colliding constitutional interests of public import. The novelty of the factual and historical posture of this case—especially when assessed in the context of a preliminary injunction motion reviewed on a fast track—has made resolution of the complex legal issues at stake here particularly demanding.

more
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2022/04/19/judge-rules-group-of-georgia-voters-can-proceed-with-case-to-disqualify-marjorie-taylor-greene-from-office-n552308
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
This is really terrible news.  Imagine an Obammy appointee being involved, who would have guessed.  *****rollingeyes*****
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is really terrible news.  Imagine an Obammy appointee being involved, who would have guessed.  *****rollingeyes*****
Really?  What if a Republican appointee had heard similarly about the disqualification of Obama as President?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Really?  What if a Republican appointee had heard similarly about the disqualification of Obama as President?

??? They are stating that Greene does not meet the constitutional requirements to be in Congress.  So what requirements are those  that she hasn't met?? 

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

??? They are stating that Greene does not meet the constitutional requirements to be in Congress.  So what requirements are those  that she hasn't met??
You went right past the point.

Terrible if judges do it to Republicans but not to Democrats?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
You went right past the point.

Terrible if judges do it to Republicans but not to Democrats?

No, I never stated your above comment.

Again, what are the constitutional requirement that Greene isn't meeting?  It is the constitutionality that the judge should be ruling on. The Obammy appointee is ruling strictly by partisan politics.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
The dims really are wanting to start a shooting war aren't they?

This would set a dangerous precedent, by establishing political litmus tests for politcal discourse.

So unless, they have some iron clad proof that she intended to overthrow the government of the United States, they need to STFU.

IMO.... 

Bernie, Ilan, AOC, and others have said way more inflammatory things in this matter.  2 can play this freakin' game.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The dims really are wanting to start a shooting war aren't they?

This would set a dangerous precedent, by establishing political litmus tests for politcal discourse.

So unless, they have some iron clad proof that she intended to overthrow the government of the United States, they need to STFU.

IMO.... 

Bernie, Ilan, AOC, and others have said way more inflammatory things in this matter.  2 can play this freakin' game.

Agreed.  However, I'm still waiting to hear what constitutional requirements Greene hasn't met.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Agreed.  However, I'm still waiting to hear what constitutional requirements Greene hasn't met.

Exactly...  There are none. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

What insurrection? There is no proof of an insurrection.