Author Topic: Netflix shares crater 25% after company reports it lost subscribers for the first time in more than  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Yup.  "Junior" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_(1994_film)

Thanks @Kamaji

Btw, I remember this from biology class, male seahorses get pregnant. Weird, huh?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Kamaji

Thanks @Kamaji

Btw, I remember this from biology class, male seahorses get pregnant. Weird, huh?

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The ones by me, Redbox, are in grocery stores, or outside drug stores, @sneakypete

@Gefn

All the ones I see are also in a red box,but are outside of stores. I had no idea the name of the company was Red Box.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@Gefn

All the ones I see are also in a red box,but are outside of stores. I had no idea the name of the company was Red Box.

Yep. Redbox, I was getting DVDs from them about ten years ago. One dollar for one night rental. Can’t beat the price,
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
@Ghost Bear

We have high-speed internet everywhere in the county I live,and there are still several places with "rent a movie" boxes outside of them. Seems like most are at dollar,or dollar general stores in this area.

True, we have those here too. Some people just want to rent the movies they want to watch individually instead of paying for a streaming service. And some people don't want to or can't pay for high speed Internet, or don't have access to it.
Let it burn.

Online roamer_1

BTW,I am not a tech or a nerd,but isn't it possible to pull in WI-FI movies on your phone and watch them on your tv?

@sneakypete

Yeah. I do it with browsers. I use Firefox on both my droid phone and on the pooter that runs my TV... Simple as sending the tab to another device. Chrome works for that too.

Otherwise, IF you have a Samsung compliant phone AND a Samsung compliant TV
OR
IF you have an Apple compliant phone and Apple compliant TV...

THEN you can cast natively.

OR

If you have a Roku you can cast to the Roku. At least from 'droid you can.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Yeah. I do it with browsers. I use Firefox on both my droid phone and on the pooter that runs my TV... Simple as sending the tab to another device. Chrome works for that too.

Otherwise, IF you have a Samsung compliant phone AND a Samsung compliant TV
OR
IF you have an Apple compliant phone and Apple compliant TV...

THEN you can cast natively.

OR

If you have a Roku you can cast to the Roku. At least from 'droid you can.

@roamer_1

I even understood a little bit of that.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

I even understood a little bit of that.

@sneakypete

If you have a droid phone... If you were using Firefox as a browser on that phone...

Say you had IMDb as one of your favs on your Roku.
And you were browsing IMDb on your phone...

All you would do is poke 'share', and in the resulting dialog there would be a devices section... 'Living Room Roku' (or whatever your roku is named) would appear  in that list. Just poke it and it will send to your roku.

And any other way will be about the same, whichever browser you are using. Tablets too.

Either it will be called 'casting' ... 'Cast to Roku'... Or it would be in the 'share' or 'send to device' area.

pretty easy stuff.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

If you have a droid phone... If you were using Firefox as a browser on that phone...

Say you had IMDb as one of your favs on your Roku.
And you were browsing IMDb on your phone...

All you would do is poke 'share', and in the resulting dialog there would be a devices section... 'Living Room Roku' (or whatever your roku is named) would appear  in that list. Just poke it and it will send to your roku.

And any other way will be about the same, whichever browser you are using. Tablets too.

Either it will be called 'casting' ... 'Cast to Roku'... Or it would be in the 'share' or 'send to device' area.

pretty easy stuff.

@roamer_1

Thanks,but I have wi-fi and a ROKU,so I don't see me ever doing that.

Also,I am a geezer,and see my phone as a telephone. I have broken down and started sending and receiving texts to get or receive information. Sometimes I even send a photo if I am selling car parts.

That's about it,though. Hell,I even turn my phone off when I am driving or in public buildings.

Easy for me to do this because I am retired and won't be getting anything urgent from anyone,so I just wait until I get back home and then turn the phone back on and check for missed calls and texts.

In other words,I own the phone,the phone doesn't own me.

Truth to tell,if I wasn't a geezer with health issues,I doubt I would even own a phone. 

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Thanks,but I have wi-fi and a ROKU,so I don't see me ever doing that.

Also,I am a geezer,and see my phone as a telephone. I have broken down and started sending and receiving texts to get or receive information. Sometimes I even send a photo if I am selling car parts.

That's about it,though. Hell,I even turn my phone off when I am driving or in public buildings.

Easy for me to do this because I am retired and won't be getting anything urgent from anyone,so I just wait until I get back home and then turn the phone back on and check for missed calls and texts.

In other words,I own the phone,the phone doesn't own me.

Truth to tell,if I wasn't a geezer with health issues,I doubt I would even own a phone.

@sneakypete

S'alright. No skin off my nose. You asked and I answered is all.

But I might recommend the Roku app to you (for your phone).

You can browse your Roku with it and it can act as a roku clicker too - I lost mine a while ago for both rokus... One is likely under the bed somewhere, and the other is probably under the couch... No matter. I just run em with my phone.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

@sneakypete

How would I do it on this phone?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

How would I do it on this phone?

Set it on fire and send smoke signals... It'll take a while. Latency.  :shrug:

:tongue2:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Netflix's adaptation
Too many white pawns, and the bishops have to be corrupt.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024