Author Topic: Netflix shares crater 25% after company reports it lost subscribers for the first time in more than  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Greg Price
@greg_price11

This is a real thing from Netflix that premiers tomorrow...

4:26 PM · Apr 20, 2022  Twitter Web App

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The brain damage WOKE companies and the homo/trans agenda are suffering from is that they assume EVERYBODY is thinking about this stuff ALL THE TIME. The worst insult you can every say to people in all these weirdo groups is, 'I DO NOT CARE'. This one simple statement will make their heads explode more than any insult. Since they are doing all of this crazy crap mostly for attention, when you tell them you do not care, it shakes their entire world view.

Woke people are obsessed with all of these far out fringe ideas. Therefore they think about it all the time and assume that everyone is thinking about it all the time. Why corporations are willing to sacrifice billions in profits to play pretend make-believe with these far out fringe groups is a mystery which cannot be answered in an objective, sober, rational, way.

For the record, for what it is worth, I want to say unequivocally that I DO NOT CARE! You can do whatever insane perverted thing you want to do to your own body. Just leave me and my children out of your bizarre idea of reality.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 01:34:10 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Long ago I noticed that of the couples house hunting on HGTV about a third were "partners" (the end of that cable channel for me).

Been a long time watcher of Curse of Oak Island, but am getting real weary of the "nothing burger" the past few seasons.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Been a long time watcher of Curse of Oak Island, but am getting real weary of the "nothing burger" the past few seasons.

That made me chuckle. I thought the same way years ago. How long can this go on?
Reminds me of all the Bigfoot shows. They never ever, never ever, never ever 'find' anything.
And yet those shows go on for years.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 05:18:29 pm by catfish1957 »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Netflix Stock Crushed After Revelation All 200 Million Subscribers Are Sharing One Account
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

That made me chuckle. I thought the same way years ago. How long can this go on?
Reminds me of all the Bigfoot shows. They never ever, never ever, never ever 'find' anything.
And yet those shows go on for years.

@DB
It has the elements I love.  History, Treasure, Engineering, Problem Solving.  But I also like seeing results.

From my understanding of heavy equiment construction, and technical costs, I  have come up with a rough estimate of $50-$70M the past 10 years.  Where the heck are they getting the money for this?  Or are they just this stupid?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@DB
It has the elements I love.  History, Treasure, Engineering, Problem Solving.  But I also like seeing results.

From my understanding of heavy equiment construction, and technical costs, I  have come up with a rough estimate of $50-$70M the past 10 years. Where the heck are they getting the money for this?  Or are they just this stupid?

@catfish1957

From the tv production companies that air the shows.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

@catfish1957

From the tv production companies that air the shows.

$70M?

That's $70,000,000.00

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
$70M?

That's $70,000,000.00

@catfish1957

I have no idea what the numbers are,but I DO know that none of these tv shows are aired for free,and none of the actors,cameramen,makeup,or other people work for free,either.

SOMEBODY high in the food chain is making  big  bucks,or the show would have never aired.

BTW,if you are claiming it costs them 70 million bucks to air one season of that show,you need to have your head examined.

Either that,or that tv network has some VERY good tax accountants who are hiding/laundering cash for someone.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 05:54:06 pm by sneakypete »

Offline catfish1957

@catfish1957

I have no idea what the numbers are,but I DO know that none of these tv shows are aired for free,and none of the actors,cameramen,makeup,or other people work for free,either.

SOMEBODY high in the food chain is making  big  bucks,or the show would have never aired.

BTW,if you are claiming it costs them 70 million bucks to air one season of that show,you need to have your head examined.

Either that,or that tv network has some VERY good tax accountants who are hiding/laundering cash for someone.

Based on my tabs, about $5-7M per year for 10 years.  And that's being pretty conservative.  That drill piled coffer dam outside the swanp alone they built a couple of years was probably $5M alone.

My contention is, I know they the network makes money, but no way does it cover the Lagina's expenses.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Netflix Stock Crushed After Revelation All 200 Million Subscribers Are Sharing One Account

The success of their original business model depended on 700 million paid subscribers.  They are nowhere near that number.  On top of that, some business experts estimated that over half of Netflix users are using shared accounts.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rustynail

They still rent DVDs?

Online Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
They still rent DVDs?

Yes, because there are still areas of the country that don't have the reliable high-speed Internet service needed for streaming.
Let it burn.

Offline Kamaji

@DB

From my understanding of heavy equiment construction, and technical costs, I  have come up with a rough estimate of $50-$70M the past 10 years.  Where the heck are they getting the money for this?  Or are they just this stupid?

Netflix borrows the money.  As of 2020, Netflix had outstanding debt of about $16 billion.  Right now, it appears that it has about $18 billion in debt:  https://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/NFLX/Total-Debt

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Netflix borrows the money.  As of 2020, Netflix had outstanding debt of about $16 billion.  Right now, it appears that it has about $18 billion in debt:  https://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/NFLX/Total-Debt

What a great Biddness model.  Borrow your way out of debt.  Just like the Government.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

What a great Biddness model.  Borrow your way out of debt.  Just like the Government.

Except that it's a private business borrowing from other private lenders, so if it goes belly up, it's the private lenders who take the hit; and they had the opportunity to do their due diligence, decide what risks they wanted to take, and price the investment accordgingly.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Broadcast business model

Hoodat

I see people renting DVD's from a machine outside of a local Dollar Store all the time. Sometimes there is even one or two others waiting in line on weekend.

I have even seen a few doing it while standing in the rain on a Friday or Saturday night.

I honestly can't figure out why these people are doing this when it is so cheap to get a Roku or similar device,and stream new movies while they are new.

The only GUESS I can make is they are renting a place or a room that isn't wired for Wi-Fi.

Then again,I really don't watch many movies. I like series.

BTW,I am not a tech or a nerd,but isn't it possible to pull in WI-FI movies on your phone and watch them on your tv?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes, because there are still areas of the country that don't have the reliable high-speed Internet service needed for streaming.

@Ghost Bear

We have high-speed internet everywhere in the county I live,and there are still several places with "rent a movie" boxes outside of them. Seems like most are at dollar,or dollar general stores in this area.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Kamaji

That is really hard to believe. Is Netscape a family-owned business? I just don't see a board of directors approving something like that.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Greg Price
@greg_price11

This is a real thing from Netflix that premiers tomorrow...

4:26 PM · Apr 20, 2022  Twitter Web App

Wasn’t there a movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger where he’s pregnant?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

@Kamaji

That is really hard to believe. Is Netscape a family-owned business? I just don't see a board of directors approving something like that.

Publicly traded.

Offline Kamaji

Wasn’t there a movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger where he’s pregnant?

Yup.  "Junior" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_(1994_film)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@Ghost Bear

We have high-speed internet everywhere in the county I live,and there are still several places with "rent a movie" boxes outside of them. Seems like most are at dollar,or dollar general stores in this area.

The ones by me, Redbox, are in grocery stores, or outside drug stores, @sneakypete
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️