Author Topic: Kinzinger toys with primary challenge against Trump  (Read 232 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kinzinger toys with primary challenge against Trump
« on: April 18, 2022, 10:57:27 pm »
 :silly:

Kinzinger toys with primary challenge against Trump in 2024
by Ryan King, Breaking News Reporter
 | April 18, 2022 05:55 PM

Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger said Monday that he would "love" to challenge former President Donald Trump in 2024, but he stopped short of committing to the showdown.

Though toying with a run for governor, senator, and president, Kinzinger refrained from announcing further political ambitions following his retirement from Congress, a move he announced last year after unfavorable redistricting in his home state of Illinois.

“I would love it. I really would,” he told the HuffPost about a primary challenge against Trump. “Even if he crushed me, like in a primary, to be able to stand up and call out the garbage is just a necessary thing, regardless of who it is. ... I think it’d be fun.”

Trump has flirted with announcing another run for the White House in 2024 but has not made any formal announcements.

Kinzinger emphasized that he currently has no plans to run for president but is "not going to rule it out," either.

“I’ll make a decision when we get there, if there’s a need and a desire. It’s truly not anything I’m planning right now, but I’m not going to rule it out,” he said. “Look, if we’re in a position, if it’s just terrible candidates and the country’s in a worse place? Maybe. But there’s no grand plan right now.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kinzinger-toys-with-primary-challenge-against-trump-in-2024
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Kinzinger toys with primary challenge against Trump
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 11:07:18 pm »
Wimpy wants to stay a relevant media darling once he's out of office.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 11:25:08 pm »
Best of luck Adam. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 11:31:28 pm »
What a cream puff putz...
The Republic is lost.

Offline yodaspock

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 11:51:32 pm »
Please try Adam, I need a laugh at your expense.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 12:23:47 am »
Ok, but Trump hasn't made the announcement that he is indeed running in '24.  He's smart not to; not until he sees how the mid term elections turn out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 11:08:47 am »
:silly:

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 12:01:04 pm »
That Babylon Bee....   they just crack me up......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2022, 02:12:54 pm »
Shem Horne
@Shem_Infinite
I can translate. Adam Kinzinger would love to get more checks from CNN and Project Lincoln and donations from the absolute dumbest people on Twitter for a few months before dropping out with zero percent of the vote in the first primary.
5:14 PM · Apr 18, 2022

Man up, Adam.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2022, 02:21:58 pm »
Shem Horne
@Shem_Infinite
I can translate. Adam Kinzinger would love to get more checks from CNN and Project Lincoln and donations from the absolute dumbest people on Twitter for a few months before dropping out with zero percent of the vote in the first primary.
5:14 PM · Apr 18, 2022

Man up, Adam.

Saw our friends at the Lincoln Project were making news even today.     :rolling:

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/lincoln-project-shells-out-100k-in-mystery-legal-settlement-with-cofounder/

The Lincoln Project shelled out another six-figure payment to a founding member of the super PAC who accused the organization of ignoring allegations of sexual misconduct within its ranks.

The scandal-plagued PAC paid $100,000 to Jennifer Horn in the first quarter of 2022, according to campaign finance records. The Lincoln Project has paid Horn a total of $475,000 in mystery legal payments since she resigned from the group amid allegations that cofounder John Weaver made unwanted sexual advances to more than 20 young men. Horn accused leaders of the Lincoln Project of ignoring allegations against Weaver.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.