Author Topic: Report: Business Executives Want Joe Manchin to Run Against Biden as Republican in 2024  (Read 959 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Business Executives Want Joe Manchin to Run Against Biden as Republican in 2024

Joshua Caplan18 Apr 2022

Several prominent business executives hope Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) will defect to the Republican party and mount a presidential campaign against President Joe Biden, according to a report on Monday.

CNBC reports:

Wall Street veteran Nelson Peltz hosted a $5,000 a plate fundraiser for Sen. Joe Manchin at the billionaire’s sprawling Florida estate last month, where several top executives said they privately hoped the conservative Democrat would switch parties and run against President Joe Biden in the 2024 elections.

…

Although Manchin told the group he plans to run for reelection to the Senate as a Democrat, a small group of donors at the event privately said they hope he changes parties and runs for president as a Republican against Biden in 2024 instead, the attendee said. This person noted that some attendees at the Peltz event, who once supported Trump, look at Manchin and his stances against some of his party’s policies as someone who could successfully run in a Republican primary and then possibly defeat Biden.

Minority Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) previously called on Manchin to switch over to the Republican Party, telling Fox News last year, “He would be a lot more comfortable on our side.”

However, Manchin has since seemingly poured cold water on the idea.

“I would like to hope that there are still Democrats that feel like I do. … I’m socially — I’m fiscally responsible and socially compassionate,” he recently told West Virginia Radio, according to CNN. “Now, if there’s no Democrats like that, then they’ll have to push me wherever they want me.”

Manchin has become a thorn in the White House’s side due to his opposition to the president’s Build Back Better Act. In February, the West Virginia senator referred to it as “dead,” signaling his unwillingness to support the $2 trillion bill any time soon.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/18/business-executives-want-joe-manchin-run-biden-republican-2024/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Would these executives be the Swamp Turtle's US Chamber of Commerce puppet masters?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

Reviving an old thread to add this:
Spoiler Joe? Speculation grows Manchin might wage third-party challenge to Biden
An independent run by West Virginia senator would be reminiscent of Ross Perot's disruptive '92 bid.
By Nick Givas
Updated: April 8, 2023 - 12:09am

Sen. Joe Manchin has been courting top-level political donors in recent weeks while remaining coy about running for another term representing West Virginia, stoking speculation he might wage a third-party challenge in the 2024 presidential race that could siphon Democrat votes from Joe Biden.

An adviser to major GOP donors told Just the News this week that Manchin recently spent time with some big name conservative funders,

"Joe Biden has gone so far to the left. And sometimes it seems like Sen. Manchin is all alone in the Senate, except when (Arizona Sen.) Kyrtsen Sinema occasionally joins him. But really there are five to seven other Democrats who feel just like him," the adviser said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was referencing private discussions. "He just has the courage of his convictions to drive his decisions."

"There are a number of conservatives who have spent time with Sen. Manchin. They were actually hoping he would switch to the Republican Party," the adviser added. "Now the Senator hasn't said this but it's been suggested by others that he might have (switched) if Mitch McConnell wasn't the GOP leader. An independent run might be the next best thing."

The aforementioned anonymous adviser isn't the only source pushing the idea of a Manchin for President campaign. Politico ran an article last month speculating about the West Virginia Democrat's future, stating that he still has time to make a decision on whether or not to make an independent run at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.  ...
JustTheNews

In light of W.Va. history, I cannot see Manchin running as anything but a Democrat.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ah, Hell no!. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe v. Joe.
(blowhard v. blowhard)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No, I've had it with stupid Presidents.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Manchin is not an intelligent person.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Joe would run against the immaculate messiah Joe?  SHIRLEY you jest?
Let the damned be damned, they wanted this and fought like hell for this.  Burn baby burn
 :dumpster: :reaper: :media: :reaper: :dumpster:
Eldridge Cleaver understood due recompense......In full measure!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline dfwgator

Shades of Wilkie in 1940, a lifelong Democrat,  to run against FDR.

Offline dfwgator

I don't see much hope on the horizon.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
I don't see much hope on the horizon.

the landscape is littered with stupid politicians....some simply numbskulls....some downright dangerous

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
They cover for far worse Biden by copying Bidens; scream and blame Trump for Bidens destruction of America and try and blame Bidens works over onto Trump.  How wicked and depraved they really are, no wonder they turned against God and replaced Gods presence with enemies and terrorists in our own government.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online corbe

Joe, like Sinema will switch to Independant, soon. 
   More $$$ that way, gets Ronna & Mitch involved. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.