Author Topic: Republicans hail proposal to impose committee term limits on both parties  (Read 99 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Republicans hail proposal to impose committee term limits on both parties
by Emily Brooks - 04/18/22 6:06 PM ET

A proposal by House Republicans to add term limits for committee chairs and ranking members to House rules if they win back control of the chamber is getting some enthusiastic support from GOP lawmakers with a side of hesitation.

Punchbowl News reported Monday that the House GOP is considering such a change, which would block several senior Democrats from keeping their top committee spots next year and force other Democrats out of coveted top slots.

The House Republican Conference already has a longtime internal rule that prohibits members from serving more than three consecutive terms as a ranking member or chair of a committee, but the House Democratic Caucus does not limit how long a lawmaker may serve in those roles on a panel.

The proposal won praise from Rep. Tim Burchett (R-Tenn.), who backs legislation to amend the Constitution to impose term limits on all members of Congress.

“Putting term limits on committee leadership ensures we’re putting the best players in these powerful positions every single term,” Burchett said. “Republicans have been doing this for years, but Democrats have been content to hand these roles to whichever members have been in Washington the longest.”

more
https://thehill.com/news/3272275-republicans-hail-proposal-to-impose-committee-term-limits-on-both-parties/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

There's more graft to be made if Congressmen can declare themselves ranking member or chair of a committee for life.  That way, the donors don't have to learn new names.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.