Author Topic: Why this Easter feels different  (Read 606 times)

Offline libertybele

Why this Easter feels different
« on: April 18, 2022, 12:43:31 am »
We were fortunate to live in FL when the pandemic hit and DeSantis called it right.  It is sad that so many around the country endured extensive shutdowns and mandates.  We should have never been shutdown in the first place! I see very few people with masks on anymore and I actually went into a Dr.'s office this week where masks were not required. Normalcy.  Is the COVID virus gone?  No.  It never will be. Will the leftists and Fauci try to force us into another shutdown and more mandates. Probably.  I will not comply!

Why this Easter feels different

The Rev. Fred Robinson was about to start Sunday morning worship with his church staff when he heard a stunning public confession.
It came around the peak of the Covid-19 pandemic in January of last year. His church had canceled in-person worship, but staffers had gathered inside the sanctuary to record a live online service.
About 10 minutes before going live, a worship team member arrived and instinctively reached out to hug a man wearing a face mask who was setting up microphones. The masked man, in trying to keep at least six feet away from others, reluctantly backed away.
"I haven't touched or hugged anybody anyone in a year,'' the man in the mask said, his voice weighed down by sorrow. He said that he was unmarried and had lived much of the pandemic alone -- unlike the other staffers, who had family and spouses at home.
"It broke our hearts. There were tears," says Robinson, who was then leading a United Church of Christ congregation in Charlotte, North Carolina. "All of us were crushed because our brother had gone through this pandemic in a way that we hadn't considered."
Expect more tears in churches today as Christians celebrate Easter Sunday, which marks the death and resurrection of Christ. But many of those tears may come from relief and joy because of something that's unique to this Easter.
People aren't just celebrating the risen Christ this year. Some are giving thanks for the resurrection of hope in their own lives, because the worst of the pandemic may finally be over..........

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/17/us/easter-message-pandemic-blake-cec/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Why this Easter feels different
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 01:09:01 am »
From CNN no doubt...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 01:20:26 am »
From CNN no doubt...
Note it's the United Church of Christ that was chosen as the denomination... one of the most liberal denominations in America. (Though the United Methodists might well surpass them if the schism continues as it looks like it will.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 01:33:28 am »
From CNN no doubt...

Regardless if it's from CNN, the truth is that there were many and still are those who are trapped in the 'pandemic mindset'. It is very sad.  I seldom see people anymore in the stores, banks, libraries, parks, etc, wearing masks.  Yet I still see a handful wearing N95 masks.

I think back when the pandemic first hit which was around St. Patty's Day and come Easter time I handed my daughter Easter dinner through our screened porch with a mask and gloves on.  She was afraid to go back over the bridge for fear of being stopped because her travel wasn't work related and she wasn't considered an essential worker. I will never forget what our gov't did to us that Easter. Quite unnecessary and we were all led to believe we were going to die. We needed to flatten the curve and the fear factor was entrenched in our minds.

FL was one of the first to open; others weren't so fortunate.

Churches are just getting back to services (even around here); they were shutdown IMO so that people couldn't gather to consult one another and put their heads together to combat the b.s. that our gov't was spewing. First it was we needed one jab, then two, then three, now four.  With Fauci talking of new variants that we may need to shutdown again.

The fear has somewhat subsided, but there are still some who have been locked down for so long that they haven't shaken the virus death threat mentality. 

I see lots of license plates from NY and NJ; areas that were locked down for a really long time, and yes some are wearing masks while in their vehicles.

Sad.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 01:34:44 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.