Author Topic: Three cases to watch as Supreme Court readies for final oral arguments of term  (Read 500 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Three cases to watch as Supreme Court readies for final oral arguments of term
by John Kruzel - 04/17/22 5:37 PM ET

The Supreme Court this month will hear its last oral arguments in a term that has been overshadowed by disputes over abortion and the Second Amendment, and the confirmation of the nation’s first Black woman justice.

As the country awaits decisions in those potentially landmark cases, three cases stand out as highlights among the remaining disputes to be argued before the justices.

They involve a Trump-era immigration policy, a dispute over a high school football coach’s religious practice on school grounds and the Miranda warning that suspects are given by law enforcement.

It’s the last set of arguments that will include Justice Stephen Breyer, who will retire this summer. He will be replaced by the newly-confirmed Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/3270194-three-cases-to-watch-as-supreme-court-readies-for-final-oral-arguments-of-term/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He will be replaced by the newly-confirmed Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson.

AKA,the Affirmative Action Seat on your Supreme Court.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
AKA,the Affirmative Action Seat on your Supreme Court.
Ah c'mon man! That's just not accurate, you know that there are currently three affirmative action seats on the supreme court with her confirmation

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ah c'mon man! That's just not accurate, you know that there are currently three affirmative action seats on the supreme court with her confirmation

@GtHawk

Who are the other two?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

Who are the other two?
A hint, one is a wise Latina

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A hint, one is a wise Latina

@GtHawk

Gotcha!

Thanks,I had forgotten about her. Compared to the airhead just put on the bench,she is going to look like Socrates.

And frankly,her getting that lifetime appointment takes away more than half of my optimism about America surviving the brain farts of "we iz da wurld" crowd.

I am beginning to think we are all doomed,and may end up facing a world-wide revolution before it's all over.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 08:27:04 pm by sneakypete »