Author Topic: 14-year-old girl grabs knives to scare away home intruder in Massachusetts  (Read 423 times)

Offline Kamaji

14-year-old girl grabs knives to scare away home intruder in Massachusetts

By Patrick Reilly   
April 16, 2022

A brave 14-year-old girl scared away an intruder who broke into her Massachusetts home while she was alone with her 12-year-old sister, according to police and reports.

Avery Cormier was awoken by the sound of a man breaking into her Middleborough home around 7:20 a.m. on Friday morning, according to police.

Joseph Ridge, 58, of Bourne, was trying to burglarize the home when Avery grabbed two steak knives and confronted him, WCVB reported.

Ridge, who is known to police and described as a “career criminal” was out on bail at the time, fled the home, cops said.

Avery followed Ridge outside, and captured a video of his 2010 Chevy Silverado as he sped away.

“I got him out of the house. I scared him. I took a video of his truck leaving so I have his license plate number,” the terrified teeen told a 911 dispatcher through sobs in an audio clip released by police.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/04/16/massachusetts-teen-girl-avery-cormier-scares-away-home-intruder-joseph-ridge/

Offline Kamaji

Good for her!!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
She not only scared him out of the house, but followed and recorded evidence with which to capture him.

That young lady has a future career in law enforcement...