Author Topic: Document reveals $14 billion backlog of US defense transfers to Taiwan  (Read 144 times)

rebewranger

Document reveals $14 billion backlog of US defense transfers to Taiwan
By Bryant Harris
 Thursday, Apr 14

A backlog of defense equipment to Taiwan includes $2.37 billion in Harpoon missiles. (U.S. Navy)

WASHINGTON — Pandemic-related acquisition issues have sparked a backlog in the U.S. delivering $14.2 billion worth of military equipment to Taiwan that the island has purchased since 2019.

With much of Washington’s attention focused on how to rapidly deploy a steady stream of military aid to Ukraine, some lawmakers are concerned the Taiwan delay is undermining its ability to deter a potential Chinese invasion.

Rep. Steve Chabot, the top Republican on the House’s Asia and Pacific panel, told Defense News that the Foreign Affairs Committee held a meeting to discuss the backlog last week.

https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2022/04/14/pandemic-delays-spark-14-billion-backlog-of-us-defense-transfers-to-taiwan/

rebewranger

Old Uncle Joe is showing the world how to leave a nation vulnerable, just don't ship the weapons they have purchased. :smokin:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Old Uncle Joe is showing the world how to leave a nation vulnerable, just don't ship the weapons they have purchased. :smokin:
Considering the Harpoon is an anti-ship missile, that could be vital to defending against invasion, My guess is this is a delay the Biden Administration has been paid for by their CCP masters.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis