Author Topic: Ukraine war: Russia bans Boris Johnson from country over Ukraine war  (Read 221 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'm wondering if Boris Johnson and the others even care?  :shrug:

Ukraine war: Russia bans Boris Johnson from country over Ukraine war

Russia has banned Prime Minister Boris Johnson and other senior ministers from entering Russia over the UK's "hostile" stance on the war in Ukraine.

Foreign Secretary Liz Truss, Defence Secretary Ben Wallace and 10 other senior politicians - mostly members of the Cabinet - have also been barred.

Moscow said the decision had been made in retaliation to the UK's sanctions against it since it invaded Ukraine.

In March, Moscow imposed a similar ban against US President Joe Biden.

The full list is:

Prime Minister Boris Johnson
    Foreign Secretary Liz Truss
    Defence Secretary Ben Wallace
    Deputy Prime Minister, Lord Chancellor, and Secretary of State for Justice Dominic Raab
    Secretary of State for Transport Grant Shapps
    Home Secretary Priti Patel
    The Chancellor Rishi Sunak
    Minister for Entrepreneurship, Energy and Industrial Strategy Kwasi Kwarteng
    Minister for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Nadine Dorries
    Minister for the Armed Forces James Heappey
    First Minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon
    Attorney General for England and Wales and advocate general for Northern Ireland Suella Braverman
    Conservative MP and former British Prime Minister Theresa May

In a statement, Russia's foreign ministry said: "London's unbridled information and political campaign aimed at isolating Russia internationally, creating conditions for containing our country and strangling the domestic economy" were responsible for its decision.........

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61126391
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Hoodat

Re: Ukraine war: Russia bans Boris Johnson from country over Ukraine war
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 08:19:57 pm »
PM Johnson must have made a lasting impression.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 08:25:02 pm »
PM Johnson must have made a lasting impression.

Definitely a better impression than Joe.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 08:54:39 pm »
I'm wondering if Boris Johnson and the others even care?  :shrug:
Yes, I'm sure he's heartbroken.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org