Author Topic: Think tank finds lockdowns failed to prevent COVID cases, deaths  (Read 459 times)

Offline libertybele

Think tank finds lockdowns failed to prevent COVID cases, deaths

A think tank ranked different state’s COVID measures based on a variety of factors. A new report by the National Bureau of Economic Research revealed states such as California and New York did not effectively handle the COVID-19 pandemic.

The report factored the effect’s on each state’s health system, education system and economy when grading their response to the virus. The findings show lockdowns failed to prevent excess deaths and surging infections in many Democrat-led states.

Meanwhile, Florida and other red states succeeded in reducing deaths by using therapeutics without hurting their economies or students. On an episode of his Liberty Report, Dr. Ron Paul said it’s now obvious the lockdowns were a political ploy by Democrats.

The former congressman argued many Democrat governors bought into a COVID narrative that favored strict measures and had not built an off-ramp for their policies when data contradicted their justification. Dr. Paul warned that COVID measures will not disappear as long as they benefit special interest groups, even if its at the expense of the American people........

https://www.oann.com/think-tank-finds-lockdowns-failed-to-prevent-covid-cases-deaths/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Think tank finds lockdowns failed to prevent COVID cases, deaths
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 08:02:06 am »
Not just COVID deaths, but think of the people who lost jobs and businesses and with those, insurance. Between the inability to afford health care for non-COVID medical issues, and the despair at losing their livelihood, I would venture that the COVID death toll is just part of what those policies caused.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Re: Think tank finds lockdowns failed to prevent COVID cases, deaths
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 05:41:44 pm »
Color me shocked.  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org