Author Topic: Lefty Rag Urges Govt. To Nationalize Oil Industry To Fight Climate Change  (Read 263 times)

rebewranger

WRITTEN BY JOSEPH VAZQUEZ ON APR 12, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Lefty Rag Urges Govt. To Nationalize Oil Industry To Fight Climate Change

A leftist magazine co-founded by former President Bill Clinton’s Secretary of Labor Robert Reich urged the federal government to seize control of the fossil fuel industry. Because … climate change.

The American Prospect, of which Reich is a founding editor, ran an April 8 article headlined, “Nationalize the U.S. Fossil Fuel Industry to Save the Planet.” [bold, links added]

Leftist economist Robert Pollin argued that “Turning the biggest oil companies over to public ownership would serve several goals at once, including climate resilience.”

This is the same Pollin who co-authored a book with radical philosopher Noam Chomsky pushing a “Global Green New Deal.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/lefty-rag-urges-govt-to-nationalize-oil-industry-to-fight-climate-change/

Offline Kamaji

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
This kind of banter was being bounced around the late '80's and early 90's.  Around faux national security and price fixing, if I remember at the time.

But i ask you......   Do you want the same people who run the VA, the post office and the IRS run a 500,000 bbl/day powder keg?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This kind of banter was being bounced around the late '80's and early 90's.  Around faux national security and price fixing, if I remember at the time.

But i ask you......   Do you want the same people who run the VA, the post office and the IRS run a 500,000 bbl/day powder keg?
Or to be responsible for keeping adequate supplies of fuels people depend on for transportation and heating?

With the latest demonstrations of competence, my answer would be a solid "no". Remember Obama saying it would take ten years....as America's Oil Industry promptly took us from being a net importer of oil to an exporter? The difference is that when the Government gets out of the way, the oilfield can accomplish wonders.

Besides, with the latest woke-assed hiring profiles, there is no way those folks would be working the standard 12 hour oil patch day in the conditions we work in.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

To the best of my recollection...Hillary was pushing nationalizing the oil industry. It's a long time goal.

Offline Kamaji

If government was better at running anything, the Soviet Union would not have collapsed, and North Korea and Cuba would be the envy of the world right now.

Offline Smokin Joe

To the best of my recollection...Hillary was pushing nationalizing the oil industry. It's a long time goal.

It worked so well in Venezuela, they just gotta try it here.

Venezuela is sitting on the world's single largest reserve of oil.

It's still in the ground for a reason.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

If government was better at running anything, the Soviet Union would not have collapsed, and North Korea and Cuba would be the envy of the world right now.
It just won't happen with Government employees.
Out in the patch:
Standard work day is 12 hours. Drivers are subject to DOT regs.
You do what has to be done, then take a break.
Government has (lots of) holidays. The oil patch doesn't. We run 24/7/365.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

For those who are thinking this is a good idea, one should look toward Venezuela to see how that country's oil industry fared when it went communist.

A country that has an enviable amount of oil resources, which some say are the world's largest, cannot keep its own population supplied with energy as it exports meager amounts just to get some cash.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington