Author Topic: Russian cyberattacks increase throughout Florida  (Read 466 times)

Offline libertybele

Russian cyberattacks increase throughout Florida
« on: April 16, 2022, 12:38:56 am »
Russian cyberattacks increase throughout Florida

Cyber security experts are warning local businesses about an uptick in attempted Russian cyberattacks.

The agency, which investigates many of the attacks, warned that just living in Florida increases the risk of an attack or cyber identity crime.

U.S. government agencies have warned that hackers have a new tool in their box which now makes it easier for them to gain access to our water and energy facilities and cyber security experts warn that Florida is a big target.

Kelly Hickok with the State Attorney’s Economic Crimes Unit said because Florida is an open records state there are many things available online that aren’t available in other states that are more restrictive with public records laws.

“There has been an increase of cybercrime because of the international element. No doubt about it,” Hickok confirmed.

She’s among the “white coats” or folks who fight hackers that warned businesses at an Above Board Chamber of Florida event held Friday to beware.

Christian Wartchow owns Cyber Secure IT Solutions and explained the Russian government is ramping up criminal gangs within the country that are sanctioned by the government to create havoc.

The FBI said newly discovered cyber tools which can be operated by less sophisticated attackers will allow them to gain access inside water and energy facilities.

“It could just be devastating just from the utilities aspect,” Wartchow said.

The news doesn’t stop there. Experts on the chamber panel also warned that those living in wealthy communities are more likely to become targets for hackers.................

https://abc-7.com/news/crime/2022/04/15/russian-cyberattacks-increase-throughout-florida/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Re: Russian cyberattacks increase throughout Florida
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 05:27:25 pm »
The more I thought about it, the more I'm wondering why FL??  Just my two cents.  Is Russia focusing cyberattacks on FL or will it be our own govt leftists and RINO's? The left has pretty much left DeSantis alone which I have found pretty remarkable. DeSantis is a very popular governor and the DEMS are anticipating that he will run in '24.  He continues to buck the 'system' and what better way to take DeSantis down then to have several cyberattacks?  The article mentions water and utilities which again I thought was suspect.  Gee, I look for the attacks during our hottest months; August/September which is normally peak hurricane season as well.  Also, it would be right before mid terms -- no electricity -- people won't be able to vote or they will have to 'rig' some sort of system for people to vote.

Just what I foresee possibly happening.

Nope, I don't trust our government.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.