Author Topic: DuckDuckGo Search Engine CEO Announces Changes to Internet Search Algorithms to Promote Approved Con  (Read 1189 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

DuckDuckGo Search Engine CEO Announces Changes to Internet Search Algorithms to Promote Approved Content
April 15, 2022 | Sundance |

The information war continues raging….
On one battlefront, we have Elon Musk trying to push back against quasi-government control mechanisms that constrict information and the flow of discussion and ideas.  On a lesser, albeit similar battlefield, we see this.

DuckDuckGo used to be the preferred search engine for those who wanted privacy on-line and unfiltered, i.e. organic, search engine responses.  Unfortunately, CEO Gabriel Weinberg is now stating he will change the algorithm to remove independent information and media outlets and will replace them with only approved MSM results.

“Like so many others I am sickened by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the gigantic humanitarian crisis it continues to create. #StandWithUkraine️,” Weinberg tweeted on Wednesday. “At DuckDuckGo, we’ve been rolling out search updates that down-rank sites associated with Russian disinformation.”

Riddle me this my friends:  The White House has officially admitted to creating misinformation, disinformation and malinformation as part of their strategic campaign against Russia in Ukraine.  NBC news gleefully embraces the strategy {SEE HERE}.  However, the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has an official agency mission {SEE HERE} to “help the American people understand the scope and scale of Mal, Dis, and Misinformation activities,” and Google/DuckDuckGo/Big Tech have officially aligned with both U.S. government interests, promising to target, remove and penalize any entity engaged in Mal, Dis and Misinformation activities.

Think for yourself while it is still legal to do so.

The justification for the manipulation of information, the creation of dis/mal/and misinformation, and the propaganda campaign writ large, is based on a position that the U.S. is on the virtuous side of the conflict.  Where virtue is determined by the officials creating the lies.

Yes, according to the official position of the Biden administration, lying for the public good is essentially now the admitted narrative.

Putting aside the creation of lies, to advance a strategic geopolitical objective, the bigger admission in the U.S. government statements is that much of the information coming to the American public – from them – is manufactured, false, fabricated and wrong.

Simultaneous to this admission of manufactured lies, the platforms of Big Tech and social media are saying they will target, remove and block any content that contradicts the official government position.

In the case of Google, the dominating search engine for information over the internet, they state it is an infraction against their policy to espouse a claim “that contradicts official government records.”  Yet, the U.S. government is officially admitting the information they are creating for the government records, is self-admittedly false….. and now in comes DuckDuckGo with the assist.

Not wanting to overinflate the CTH position, but this now admitted reality is exactly why we have taken the following position.

…”There is no such thing as “disinformation” or “misinformation”.  There is only information you accept and information you do not accept.  You were not born with a requirement to believe everything you are told; rather, you were born with a brain that allows you to process the information you receive and make independent decisions.”…

There are only two elements within the public discussion of information, truth and not truth.

more
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/04/15/duckduckgo-search-engine-ceo-announces-changes-to-internet-search-algorithms-to-promote-approved-content/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

I was never overly impressed with the search results from DDG, but I accepted that as the price of a relatively unbiased search engine that valued privacy.  Now?  Not worth the price.  I don't need a "minder" "curating" search results for what they think is my own best interests.  No more DDG for me.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It soциds liкэ wэ'vэ disкovэяэd Sциdдиcэ's fциdiиg soцяcэ... which would explain a lot.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My simple question, since the internet is used for scientific (journal) research also, is "What is this going to do to science?" Obviously, scientific inquiry will be limited to filtering through the approved results, not merely peer reviewed research which may or may not disagree with the narrative, but only the narrative friendly results.
I have witnessed this phenomenon over the duration of my research into COIVD, antivirals, treatments, and found it harder and harder to gain access to peer reviewed research conducted before SARS CoV-2 made its debut.

This does not bode well for science, but this administration has proven repeatedly it is willing to flay the truth on the altar of the Narrative.

The question remains, where  to go to search for all the data?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

My simple question, since the internet is used for scientific (journal) research also, is "What is this going to do to science?" Obviously, scientific inquiry will be limited to filtering through the approved results, not merely peer reviewed research which may or may not disagree with the narrative, but only the narrative friendly results.
I have witnessed this phenomenon over the duration of my research into COIVD, antivirals, treatments, and found it harder and harder to gain access to peer reviewed research conducted before SARS CoV-2 made its debut.

This does not bode well for science, but this administration has proven repeatedly it is willing to flay the truth on the altar of the Narrative.

The question remains, where  to go to search for all the data?

PSST: Don't look now, but the grant system already does the heavy lifting on that.  :whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

PSST: Don't look now, but the grant system already does the heavy lifting on that.  :whistle:
It does with current research, to a great degree. Not all researchers are stuck with US grant providers, though, and early but relevant research into effective antiviral treatments of SARS were relevant to SARS-CoV-2, most notably the antiviral properties of Zinc, known since 2005.  There is a lot of recently published 'research' that used parameters targeting treatment options to 'prove' they failed (which they did when used improperly, only partilally, or only in the late stages of the disease, most of which was pandering bullshit designed to conclude the shots were the only option. It is a dark age for scientific enlightenment when such is allowed to stand, and even darker when studies which did not support the narrative, despite being scientifically valid, are obscured by the very devices which were supposed to bring them into the limelight.

Let's not forget where Google and others of their ilk developed these tactics: In Communist China.

Maybe Elon can come up with a search engine that doesn't hide truth.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

It does with current research, to a great degree. Not all researchers are stuck with US grant providers, though, and early but relevant research into effective antiviral treatments of SARS were relevant to SARS-CoV-2, most notably the antiviral properties of Zinc, known since 2005.  There is a lot of recently published 'research' that used parameters targeting treatment options to 'prove' they failed (which they did when used improperly, only partilally, or only in the late stages of the disease, most of which was pandering bullshit designed to conclude the shots were the only option. It is a dark age for scientific enlightenment when such is allowed to stand, and even darker when studies which did not support the narrative, despite being scientifically valid, are obscured by the very devices which were supposed to bring them into the limelight.

Let's not forget where Google and others of their ilk developed these tactics: In Communist China.

Maybe Elon can come up with a search engine that doesn't hide truth.

Still, when the government wants CRT, the government gets CRT... because science...
When the government decides transgendered need protection, suddenly fifty years of settled medicine is overturned in a month... Because science.

And whether information or not, most places outlawed antivirals during COVID... because science.

That the search engines oblige and collude are secondary to the actual movers and shakers...

Online roamer_1

And BTW, @Smokin Joe ...

My brother is down in Tennessee, where he tells me they are fixin to make Ivermectin available over the counter - taking the medical community right out of the picture.

Because not-science.  happy77

Offline Smokin Joe

And BTW, @Smokin Joe ...

My brother is down in Tennessee, where he tells me they are fixin to make Ivermectin available over the counter - taking the medical community right out of the picture.

Because not-science.  happy77
About 400,000 lives too late. And that's the problem.

A web search, on any engine,, should have brought up both sides of the debate, as with HCQ, as with the jabs, and in the start of all this, before it became really political, it did. Now, not so much.

Science is an ongoing debate and is never completely settled. For the non scientist, that isn't clearly evident, and masking the debate by filtering available information to promote a political or even pecuniary goal is the lowest form of dishonesty when lives are at stake.

The truth, the WHOLE truth and nothing but the truth, along with some crackpots, but we should be able to make up our own minds on that not get some sanitized dogma posing as science. After all, it was scientists who invented the internet to transfer data. (at CERN), not that piker AlGore.

C S Lewis