Author Topic: Psaki slams Gov. Abbott over truck inspections at Texas-Mexico border, blames him for price increase  (Read 457 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 13, 2022 10:36am EDT

Psaki slams Gov. Abbott over truck inspections at Texas-Mexico border, blames him for price increases
Abbott has taken several measures to tighten the border in response to federal policies

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

The Biden administration is claiming that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's inspection of trucks entering the U.S. from Mexico is not only "unnecessary," but contributing to inflation throughout the country.

In a statement issued Wednesday morning, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said that the delays caused by Abbott's policies were having far-reaching impacts.

"Governor Abbott’s unnecessary and redundant inspections of trucks transiting ports of entry between Texas and Mexico are causing significant disruptions to the food and automobile supply chains, delaying manufacturing, impacting jobs, and raising prices for families in Texas and across the country.," Psaki said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-blames-texas-gov-abbott-for-nationwide-price-increases

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

WTF???  Roadworthiness, safety, and weight inspections are normal par-for-the-course.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The governor has an obligation to keep Texas' roadways safe for all motorists ... especially, for the children.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
C'mon man! Psaki isn't expressing indignation that trucks are held up for a short period for safety inspections, the indignation is over the possibility that some deliveries of future democrat voters will be cancelled. Everything else is just a red herring with the added bonus of attacking Abbott and helping skateboard  boy.

Offline berdie

If what I read is true, alot of the delays are being created by the truckers themselves...protesting.

So, the admin has switched from blaming Putin to Abbott? How amusing.

Online libertybele

Let's Go Psaki!  What a lying biotch!  I can't wait for her to step down, though I doubt her replacement will be much better.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Let's Go Psaki!  What a lying biotch!  I can't wait for her to step down, though I doubt her replacement will be much better.

The "Chestfeeder" could be a contender!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Abbott to stop inspecting trucks in West Texas following concessions from Mexico
by Asher Notheis, Breaking News Reporter & Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 | April 14, 2022 08:09 PM

AUSTIN, Texas — State troopers will stop inspecting incoming trucks in a second region of the state's international border following new concessions to Texas's demands by a Mexican state, though inspections will continue across half of Texas.

Gov. Greg Abbott agreed Thursday evening to cease inspections of commercial vehicles entering through West Texas in return for the Mexican state of Chihuahua agreeing to significantly boost security on its side of the border.

"This is a demonstration of commitment from a strong governor who is working collaboratively with the state of Texas, and I'm proud to sign the agreement with her at this time," Abbott said during the joint press conference.

Chihuahua Gov. Maria Eugenia Campos Galvan presented Abbott with new strategies to prevent illegal immigrants from crossing the border between ports of entry. Abbott said it was the "best border security plan that I've seen from any governor from Mexico."

Texas and Chihuahua are investing more than $200 million into the policy, Campos Galvan said. The investments will include drones to patrol the border and artificial intelligence databases connected to the driver's license registry, Abbott confirmed.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/abbott-to-stop-inspecting-trucks-in-west-texas-following-concessions-from-mexico
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Abbott to stop inspecting trucks in West Texas following concessions from Mexico
by Asher Notheis, Breaking News Reporter & Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 | April 14, 2022 08:09 PM

AUSTIN, Texas — State troopers will stop inspecting incoming trucks in a second region of the state's international border following new concessions to Texas's demands by a Mexican state, though inspections will continue across half of Texas.

Gov. Greg Abbott agreed Thursday evening to cease inspections of commercial vehicles entering through West Texas in return for the Mexican state of Chihuahua agreeing to significantly boost security on its side of the border.

"This is a demonstration of commitment from a strong governor who is working collaboratively with the state of Texas, and I'm proud to sign the agreement with her at this time," Abbott said during the joint press conference.

Chihuahua Gov. Maria Eugenia Campos Galvan presented Abbott with new strategies to prevent illegal immigrants from crossing the border between ports of entry. Abbott said it was the "best border security plan that I've seen from any governor from Mexico."

Texas and Chihuahua are investing more than $200 million into the policy, Campos Galvan said. The investments will include drones to patrol the border and artificial intelligence databases connected to the driver's license registry, Abbott confirmed.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/abbott-to-stop-inspecting-trucks-in-west-texas-following-concessions-from-mexico

:thumbsup: