Author Topic: As Companies End Vaccine Mandates, Workers Are Becoming Enraged  (Read 230 times)

Offline Kamaji

As Companies End Vaccine Mandates, Workers Are Becoming Enraged

Bloomberg
April 14, 2022, 6:34 AM

It’s not just JPMorgan Chase & Co. that’s hiring unvaccinated workers again.

Nearly a third of employers who previously required Covid shots have dropped or plan to drop the requirement, according to a forthcoming survey.

Yet as virus rates appear to ebb and companies loosen rules, often in an effort to attract new hires in a tight labor market, they could be alienating employees who dutifully got their shots. Covid-cautious workers and customers as well may take umbrage at the idea of sharing space with the unvaccinated, complicating the return-to-office push.

Companies and municipalities already are facing an angry backlash from workers who were fired or placed on leave for refusing to get vaccinated. New exemptions for athletes and performers from New York City’s job-or-jab mandate have come under fire from workers and private-sector employees who still must comply with the requirements announced late last year.

“So you have athletes, entertainers, you have crowded, sold-out concerts, people vaccinated, not vaccinated, all together. And then little old me in a patrol car, I’m a threat to everybody?” said Cely Decolongon, a New York Police Department sergeant who remains unvaccinated and is seeking religious and medical exemptions. “I don’t get it. That makes no sense.”

Source:  https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/as-companies-end-vaccine-mandates-workers-are-becoming-enraged

Offline Kamaji

Re: As Companies End Vaccine Mandates, Workers Are Becoming Enraged
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 03:16:48 pm »
The medico-fascists just cannot let this stupidity go.