Author Topic: Trump-Backed Kari Lake Knocked Doors for Obama, Former Colleague Says  (Read 2495 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump-Backed Kari Lake Knocked Doors for Obama, Former Colleague Says

Kari Lake—the self-proclaimed "only conservative" in the race for Arizona governor—volunteered to knock doors for the Obama campaign while she worked as a news anchor, according to a former colleague.

Last month, Lake's longtime Fox 10 Phoenix colleague told former Pinal County sheriff Paul Babeu (R.) that Lake "went door to door canvassing for Barack Obama" during her time at the network, Babeu told the Washington Free Beacon. The former colleague, who requested anonymity to speak freely, confirmed that the conversation with Babeu took place and said the allegation about Lake's work for Obama emerged in the Fox 10 newsroom after Lake announced her candidacy for governor. Her Republican campaign has shocked coworkers given her political activity while at the network.

The allegation that Lake knocked on doors for a Democratic presidential candidate is at odds with her rhetoric on the campaign trail, where Lake has positioned herself as the "only conservative, America First Trump Republican in the race." It is not, however, surprising given her past political activity—the Free Beacon reported last year that Lake in 2004 made her first ever political contribution to then-Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry. Four years later, in 2008, Lake registered as a Democrat and contributed to Obama's first presidential campaign.

According to Lake's former colleague, Lake campaigned for Obama with Stephanie Angelo, who in 2008 was married to a different Fox 10 colleague, Troy Hayden. A veteran Arizona Democratic operative who was working in the state in 2008 identified Angelo as one of the party's most committed volunteers at the time and said Angelo and Lake were "best friends."

Neither Lake's campaign nor Angelo returned a request for comment. Hayden declined to comment, as Fox 10 employees are barred from discussing Lake's candidacy with outside media outlets.

Lake left her job as a Fox 10 anchor in March 2021, citing her disapproval of the "obvious bias" and "liberal ideology" in mainstream media. On the campaign trail, she regularly attacks the "biased media" for working to tip the scales in Democrats' favor. If the allegations are true, Lake appears to have embodied the media behavior she now says forced her to quit the industry...........

https://freebeacon.com/elections/trump-backed-kari-lake-knocked-doors-for-obama-former-colleague-says/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Trump-Backed Kari Lake Knocked Doors for Obama, Former Colleague Says
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 02:50:59 am »
Lake is also an election denier. 

Does she have a scorecard ?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 03:11:26 am »
The former colleague, who requested anonymity to slander freely . . .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 04:08:40 am »
I guess I should be clear about the scorecard.

Nobody is the perfect candidate.

And I, frankly, could care less if Lake went out in support of Obama. 

People should be allowed to change.

And, unless Lake is pulling one of the bigger "fast ones" in Arizona history.

She is CLEARLY not an Obama supporter now.

This was from some time ago.  I recall seeing signs (from Robson's camp) that said as much and I thought....It's hard enough to put up with the as it is. 

I supported Robson for a number of reasons.  Robson lost.  Lake is up.  She's clearly light years ahead of Hobbs.

Lake is doing a very good job in her campaign.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 06:24:14 pm »
Liz Cheney is now on record saying she'd vote for Hobbs.

Cheney has fallen so far....and now she is just trying to justify her existence.

What a major disappointment.

It's all about Lake being a denier.

1.  Still to many unanswered questions about the election.
2.  Who cares about that anyway.....it's now just rhetoric.  Lake is coming across as a much much better candidate than what she started out as.

The Hobbs adds are getting pretty stupid.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 06:26:06 pm »
Knocked doors?  Big Whooop.  Now if she was knocking knees with O'bummer or Big Mike...now that would be a deal breaker for me.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 06:31:32 pm »
Knocked doors?  Big Whooop.  Now if she was knocking knees with O'bummer or Big Mike...now that would be a deal breaker for me.

I am with you on the Big Whoop. 

I don't know what knocking knees means so I can't help there.

Lake is peaking at the perfect time.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 06:32:53 pm »
Lake is now up 3 points over Hobbs. 

Can anyone here the tune "Na na na na....na na na na.....hey hey.....good bye" when seeing Hobbs ?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2022, 06:33:32 pm »
I am with you on the Big Whoop. 

I don't know what knocking knees means so I can't help there.

Bumping uglies.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2022, 07:30:23 pm »
Lake is now up 3 points over Hobbs. 

Can anyone here the tune "Na na na na....na na na na.....hey hey.....good bye" when seeing Hobbs ?

I hear Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

When Gretchen Whitmer appears, I hear the Almira Gulch theme.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2022, 08:39:06 pm »
People change their minds. My cousin was a Bernie Sanders-supporting leftist just a few years ago, now she's more of a MAGA than I'll ever be.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2022, 08:44:33 pm »
People change their minds. My cousin was a Bernie Sanders-supporting leftist just a few years ago, now she's more of a MAGA than I'll ever be.

Beware of those who turn on a dime...

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2022, 08:52:40 pm »
Beware of those who turn on a dime...

We should beware of ALL politicians all the time.

But, unless someone can make a great case of Hobbs.....Lake is the (wo)man. 

Dime or no dime.  You've got two choices.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2022, 09:02:26 pm »
Republicans and conservatives need to stop with the blue blood prerequisite they so proudly embrace ---- and learn to welcome those who find the political light.

Offline DB

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2022, 09:27:51 pm »
We should beware of ALL politicians all the time.

But, unless someone can make a great case of Hobbs.....Lake is the (wo)man. 

Dime or no dime.  You've got two choices.

I was referring to Mountaineer's cousin. Hence what I quoted.

I already voted for Lake and McMasters.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2022, 02:04:20 pm »
So what?

At one time I was a registered Dim,too.

People mature and change as they accept new realities.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2022, 02:13:13 pm »
So what?

At one time I was a registered Dim,too.

People mature and change as they accept new realities.
'Zackly. When I was a child, I thought like a child - and that included thinking Jimmy Carter was a decent guy who should be elected President. I saw the error of my ways before the end of his term.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 03:52:47 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2022, 02:18:04 pm »
'Zackly. When I was a child, I thought like a child - and that included thinking Jimmy Carter was a decent guy who should be elected President. I was the error of my ways before the end of his term.

And one tends to be influenced by their working environment. Changing that sometimes causes eyes to open.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2022, 02:23:32 pm »
Lake's longtime Fox 10 Phoenix colleague told former Pinal County sheriff Paul Babeu (R.) that Lake "went door to door canvassing for Barack Obama" during her time at the network, Babeu told the Washington Free Beacon. The former colleague, who requested anonymity to speak freely, confirmed that the conversation with Babeu took place and said the allegation about Lake's work for Obama emerged in the Fox 10 newsroom after Lake announced her candidacy for governor. Her Republican campaign has shocked coworkers given her political activity while at the network.

How many times are we going to fall for this 'anonymous source' bullshit?  This person didn't request anonymity to speak freely.  This person requested anonymity to spew lies with impunity.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2022, 02:27:38 pm »
According to Lake's former colleague, Lake campaigned for Obama with Stephanie Angelo, who in 2008 was married to a different Fox 10 colleague, Troy Hayden. A veteran Arizona Democratic operative who was working in the state in 2008 identified Angelo as one of the party's most committed volunteers at the time and said Angelo and Lake were "best friends."

Seriously?  This is what they're going on?  Lake was friends with so-and-so who was married to what's-his-name who someone-over-here said was a committed volunteer?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2022, 03:53:53 pm »
How many times are we going to fall for this 'anonymous source' bullshit?  This person didn't request anonymity to speak freely.  This person requested anonymity to spew lies with impunity.
Legitimate news outlets don't quote "anonymous" sources. They still should get at least two other people to confirm the report.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2022, 05:55:29 pm »

Former Pinal County sheriff Paul Babeu was caught with a young boy lover, who was an illegal immigrant Babeu was blackmailing to ensure his silence. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2022, 10:11:15 pm »
Sounds like at some point Ms. Lake experienced "a road to Damascus" style conversion.

That the scales have fallen from her eyes is ok with me so long as she sees clearly now.

How's she doin' out there, at this point in time?

Offline DB

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2022, 10:31:30 pm »
Sounds like at some point Ms. Lake experienced "a road to Damascus" style conversion.

That the scales have fallen from her eyes is ok with me so long as she sees clearly now.

I hope that's the case. Only time will tell.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2022, 06:27:18 pm »

She is doing great !

She looks like she is in control of the issues.  She has a firm message.

Hobbs' group is in panic (the adds they are now running are comedic).

Lake is 2.8 points up and separating from Hobbs. 

I like what I see.