Author Topic: Kurt Schlichter: If You Like Donald Trump Then You Want a Real Primary  (Read 92 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If You Like Donald Trump Then You Want a Real Primary
Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Apr 14, 2022 12:01 AM

Time for some real talk about our favorite ex-president – this Dr. Oz endorsement reaffirms what we have all been seeing, that Donald Trump is losing his edge. Seven years after coming down the escalator and revolutionizing American politics by advocating the conservative/populist agenda that the bipartisan ruling caste had ignored for decades as our country swirled around the bowl, it is looking like we in the base have evolved while Trump is stuck in 2016, hitting golf balls, sending out his communiqués, and attending rallies that evoke but do not match the good old days. He can still turn it around, but right now, the truth is that he's messing up – and someone needs to tell him the truth.

His bizarre endorsement of Dr. Oz for the Pennsylvania Senate seat, greeted with a collective "What the hell was he thinking?" among the base, is only the latest of his tone-deaf maneuvers. It seems like he wants to run again in 2024, but Trumpworld is giving off the definite impression that he expects a coronation. If you like Trump, the last thing you want is a cakewalk. If you like Trump, you want him to fight for it and earn it.

I like Trump. In fact, just moments before the announcement that he had elected to bestow his blessing upon a guy with a record of supporting gun control, tolerating CRT, accepting abortion and playing along with the Mommy Munchhausen-driven trans kid mutilation fad, I was on Twitter listing him as being tied with Ronald Reagan as the greatest president of my long life. And I'll happily fight anyone who says differently. Trump, under the vilest and most hateful attacks imaginable by an enraged ruling class, rescued our Constitution by beating that bitter harridan Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit and, against great odds, moved this country back toward freedom. Was he perfect? No. But who is?

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2022/04/14/if-you-like-donald-trump-then-you-want-a-real-primary-n2605798
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34