Author Topic: WaPo Mounts Another Expedition To Darkest Redstate Texas  (Read 134 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WaPo Mounts Another Expedition To Darkest Redstate Texas
« on: April 14, 2022, 12:13:42 am »
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 4/13/2022

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=51158

Like outfitting a 19th century expedition to darkest Africa, or finding someone willing to live with the Amish, the clueless clerisy of the MSM are at it again, looking to hire some brave, adventurous soul to bring them dispatches from that exotic foreign locale know as “Texas”:

Washington Post PR
@WashPostPR

Job posting: The Washington Post is looking for an enterprising reporter based in Texas to document life in red state America and develop a new beat mapping the culture, public policies and politics in a region shaped by conservative ideology.

“A region shaped by conservative ideology.” Truly a penchant for low taxes, limited government, strong borders, free speech, the rule of law, and opposition to strangers diddling and mutilating your children is alien and unfathomable for those who dwell inside the Beltway.

BattleSwarm
@BattleSwarmBlog

Replying to
@WashPostPR

"Anthropologists capable of understanding the mysterious tribal ways of that dimly understood part of the world know as 'Red America' encouraged to apply. May have to endure weeks, or even months, without access to arugula, bodegas or lesbian poetry slams."

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: WaPo Mounts Another Expedition To Darkest Redstate Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 12:17:17 am »
WaPo Seeks Foreign Correspondent To Cover Texas, “a part of the country that is governed largely by one political party”

Legal Insurrection by William A. Jacobson Tuesday, April 12, 2022

https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/04/wapo-seeks-foreign-correspondent-to-cover-texas-a-part-of-the-country-that-is-governed-largely-by-one-political-party/

“to document life in red state America and develop a new beat mapping the culture, public policies and politics in a region shaped by conservative ideology”

The most influential mainstream media is close to ignorant of anything that happens outside their liberal bubble, and when they do venture out into hostile red territory, it’s with a mixture bewilderment and wonder, something I’ve referred to as “going on Safari.”

In April 2009, I wrote about the phenomenon, Looking At Tea Parties Through Binoculars, Like On Safari (emphasis added):

I attended the Tea Party in Corning, NY, yesterday. There was a good crowd in this relatively small town in western upstate NY (several hours from NY City), several hundred in total. Corning is home to Corning glass and Steuben glass. The entire region has been hit hard by the exodus of jobs to less tax intensive parts of the U.S. and abroad.

I don’t remember which speaker said it, but one of them described how politicians from New York City come up to the region so that they can say they have visited the countryside, and stare at the inhabitants as if through binoculars, like on safari.

And that description was a metaphor for what is motivating the Tea Parties and fueling the outrage. Taxes are the issue, but the problem is much deeper. There is a complete disconnect between the politicians who raise taxes to benefit people who do not pay taxes, and the people who pay taxes.

And a complete lack of respect, epitomized by the derisive coverage of the Tea Parties by the mainstream media, and the phony campaign staged by Media Matters to dismiss the Tea Parties as a creature of Fox News. The truth is that the mainstream media and liberal elites don’t even try to hide their disdain for most of the people in America. And people understand that better than you think.

I followed up on the theme in January 2017, NY Times goes on safari to Texas, struggles to understand natives’ love for their “trucks”:

I remember traveling to Texas when I was in private practice, meeting a lawyer who was investigating a possible investment fraud case who wanted me to get involved.

More at link.

Offline Kamaji

Re: WaPo Mounts Another Expedition To Darkest Redstate Texas
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 11:58:07 am »
:facepalm2:

What they're looking for is someone who wants to libel Texans in the pages of the WaPo.