Author Topic: The Trans Lobby Loves Ad Hominems  (Read 156 times)

Offline Kamaji

The Trans Lobby Loves Ad Hominems
« on: April 14, 2022, 12:04:59 pm »
The Trans Lobby Loves Ad Hominems

If they had confidence in the good faith of their own argument, they wouldn't have to call conservatives "virulently anti-trans."

By Michael Warren Davis
April 14, 2022

I want to ask our friends on the left a question. And I hope I can ask it in good faith, because I really do want to know the answer.

Recently, New York Magazineran an article called, “How Texas Became the Most Virulently Anti-Trans State in America.” What do you folks make of that headline?

Please be honest. Because, to me, it looks like you’re being gaslighted.

New York Magazine is upset that Texas governor Greg Abbott is trying to halt “gender-affirming care” for minors. This includes “reassignment surgeries that can cause sterilization, mastectomies, removals of otherwise healthy body parts, and administration of puberty-blocking drugs or supraphysiologic doses of testosterone or estrogen.” And you may be for or against. But from where I’m standing, he hasn’t actually changed anything.

Doctors only began “treating” transgendered children with hormone therapy in 2004. Back then, the procedure was controversial even among progressives. Before then, anyone who injected little girls with testosterone would be charged with a felony. Anyone who castrated a little boy went to prison.

“Gender-affirming care” has become more widespread by slipping through a kind of permanent loophole in American law, whereby doctors are allowed to do things normal people are not (e.g., injecting little girls with testosterone). At first, few people took notice of the procedure because it was extremely rare. So was Gender Identity Disorder, as it was known in the benighted Noughties.

Today, as many as one in ten young Americans identify as “gender-diverse.” More of them are also seeking “gender-affirming care.” Clearly, governments can’t keep turning a blind eye to these procedures. It has to take some kind of position.

During an April 6 testimony, Health and Human Services secretary Xavier Becerra vowed to use taxpayer money to fund sex-reassignment surgery for minors. Yet even according to pro-trans sources, “only” 8 percent of transgender people will eventually detransition. (The real number is probably much higher, especially for minors.) That means at least one in ten children who receive one of Becerra’s sex-reassignment surgeries will come to regret their decision.

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-trans-lobby-loves-ad-hominems/

Offline Kamaji

Re: The Trans Lobby Loves Ad Hominems
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 12:06:47 pm »
The "detransitioning" figures gaslighted by Becerra also understate the number of people who, having gone whole hog, sincerely regret that decision in later life, but see no alternative other than to continue to take the drugs and continue to pretend that they are what they're not.  There are articles on that; but the trans-Groomers choose to ignore those inconvenient facts.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 08:50:31 pm »
A detransitioning male (born male, underwent surgery and hormone treatments) tells what it's really like:
TullipR 🦎🌈♂
1h • 18 tweets
I want to tell everyone what they took from us, what irreversible really means, and what that reality looks like for us. No one told me any of what I’m going to tell you now.

I have no sensation in my crotch region at all. You could stab me with a knife and I wouldn't know. The entire area is numb, like it's shell shocked and unable to comprehend what happened, even 4 years on.  ...

Then theres the dreams. I dream often, that I have both sets of genitals, in the dream I'm distressed I have both, why both I think? I tell myself to wake up because I know its just a dream.

And I awaken into a living nightmare.  In those moments of amnesia as I would wake, I would reach down to my crotch area expecting something that was there for 3 decades, and it's not.  ...
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1536422533230206976.html
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 08:54:22 pm »
A detransitioning male (born male, underwent surgery and hormone treatments) tells what it's really like:https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1536422533230206976.html

Exactly.