Author Topic: While Everyone Else Is Kicking Themselves For Voting For Biden, College-Educated Women Are Doubling  (Read 327 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
While Everyone Else Is Kicking Themselves For Voting For Biden, College-Educated Women Are Doubling Down
By: Joy Pullmann
April 12, 2022

NBC News recently compared several polls to find huge shifts from Democrats to Republicans in 2022 midterm voter preferences. The big exception to these shifts across many demographics was college-educated women, who in NBC’s aggregation showed even stronger support for Democrats now than ahead of the last midterm election.

Here’s the key graphic, which zoomed around social media Sunday, and below that the NBC segment.

https://twitter.com/ProfMJCleveland/status/1513214710744768514

In trying to understand what might account for this, it’s important to note what we don’t know about these numbers. The two publicly available 2022 NBC polling releases that presumably went into NBC’s aggregation here don’t disclose a key datapoint: The likely vote by marital status. And that datapoint is very important for this discussion.

That’s because, historically, married women tend to vote Republican. Single women tend to vote Democrat, in proportions that appear to be sharply increasing. Strikingly, “Among unmarried voters, women were more supportive of Democratic candidates in 2018 than they had been of Hillary Clinton in 2016,” Pew reported.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2022/04/12/while-everyone-else-is-kicking-themselves-for-voting-for-biden-college-educated-women-are-doubling-down/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=while-everyone-else-is-kicking-themselves-for-voting-for-biden-college
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

This has always been the case so I’m not surprised. I think the two groups that the Democrats can count on this year are single young women and inner-city blacks. But that’s always the case
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Colleged educated women love their access to abortions.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline goatprairie

Colleged educated women love their access to abortions.
I would bet the great majority of females who vote for Dems vote so because of the issue of abortion.
I did an independent survey some years ago of family members, friends, and co-workers asking the females why they voted for Dems. All the questions were done separately, and all the respondents answered abortion was the most important issue for them.
A number of them said that their biggest worry over all other issues was that teenage girls wouldn't be able to get abortions.
That pretty much said it all for me about liberal, white females aka America's Greatest Threat.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Ah, the Cat Lady demographic.

And we're using the term 'educated' loosely here. Very loosely.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Most women shouldn't go to college.
They should stay at home, barefoot, and pregnant.

(only half-kidding, you are free to call me a misogynist if you want... couldn't care less)

Offline libertybele

Most women shouldn't go to college.
They should stay at home, barefoot, and pregnant.

(only half-kidding, you are free to call me a misogynist if you want... couldn't care less)

Well @Fishrrman I believe that the so-called 'Women's Movement' has had a lot to do with the moral decay of this country.

I don't agree with you though that most women shouldn't go to college. I believe that women should try to reach their potential and use their God given abilities. There are some women who have careers as well as being good Mom's. There should be no shame in women who want to strictly be stay at home Moms.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LadyLiberty

I would be interested to see if anything would be revealed if they delved further into the college-educated women demographic.

Are there any differences between R and D voting college-educated women in the following:

1.  Married vs nonmarried D voters compared to married vs nonmarried R voters
2.  Field of degree in D voters vs field of degree in R voters

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well @Fishrrman I believe that the so-called 'Women's Movement' has had a lot to do with the moral decay of this country.

I don't agree with you though that most women shouldn't go to college. I believe that women should try to reach their potential and use their God given abilities. There are some women who have careers as well as being good Mom's. There should be no shame in women who want to strictly be stay at home Moms.
Shame?
They have the most important job of all, and if more people did it right, there would be fewer Leftists.
I recall when most moms were stay at home moms, and one wage earner could foot the bills, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis