Author Topic: Rod Dreher: Building Trans America  (Read 156 times)

Offline Kamaji

Rod Dreher: Building Trans America
« on: April 13, 2022, 06:51:46 pm »
Building Trans America

By Rod Dreher
April 13, 2022

This is horrifying:

We are in a fight with naked evil. So many powerful people push this evil. So many people who know better are too afraid to stand up and call it what it is. This is not a matter of diversity of opinion; this is Evil.

Mickey Mouse pushes this stuff. The President of the United States, and his party, push this stuff. Far too few Republicans push back at all.

It has infiltrated many churches; many more refuse to say anything about it because they want to avoid controversy. Look at what’s going on with the Catholic Church in Germany, via Edward Pentin’s invaluable reporting in the National Catholic Register. Excerpts:

“The focus is too much on homosexual men!” said Eric Tilch at a panel discussion in Frankfurt last Wednesday hosted by the Diocese of Limburg — the bishopric headed by Bishop Georg Bätzing, president of the German Catholic bishops’ conference.

But Tilch, a Church youth education officer, wasn’t protesting against the homosexual agenda or seeking to uphold the Church’s teaching on marriage and the family. Rather he was proposing the Church accept “other forms of love that are still in the dark,” according to an article on the panel posted on the diocesan website.

“I worry that the Church is too attached to a family photograph from the 1950s, i.e., father, mother, child,” said Tilch. “There is so much more than that, for example hybrid families, changing relationships, polyamorous love [multiple sexual partners].” He also wanted transsexual and intersexual people to be given more attention in public discussions.

There is no avoiding this fight. It will find you, and your church. It will find your kids, and their school. We are quickly moving to a time when anyone who objects to this will be treated by the State as an enemy. It will be here faster than you think.

Meanwhile, here is the rarest thing: a column in a mainstream newspaper (the Washington Post) by a transgendered person who says something other than that transgenderism is the greatest thing ever. It’s actually quite a brave, sad piece by a male-to-female transgendered person named Corinna Cohn. Excerpts:

Cohn had his testicles and penis removed, and now has to spend the rest of his life on drugs and hormones. More:

What was I seeking for my sacrifice? A feeling of wholeness and perfection. I was still a virgin when I went in for surgery. I mistakenly believed that this made my choice more serious and authentic. I chose an irreversible change before I’d even begun to understand my sexuality. The surgeon deemed my operation a good outcome, but intercourse never became pleasurable. When I tell friends, they’re saddened by the loss, but it’s abstract to me — I cannot grieve the absence of a thing I’ve never had.

Read it all. Cohn doesn’t say outright that he regrets transition, but he does say that at nineteen, he was too young and inexperienced to make such a radical choice. He should have waited until he was older, he now admits.

All these anxious and confused young people are being devoured by this evil cult. This is what America has become. This is what some countries in the world are desperate to prevent themselves from becoming. This is the American Way Of Life™.

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/building-trans-america-children-transgender/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Rod Dreher: Building Trans America
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 06:52:36 pm »
Dreher is correct:  this is a fight against evil.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 07:17:20 pm »
I worked with a male that was transitioning to female

What a mess
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 07:33:26 pm »
I think a certain ficticious move airline has a trademark/service mark infringement case against the pronoun abusers.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 07:46:49 pm »
I worked with a male that was transitioning to female

What a mess
I used to work with  a guy (well, actually worked a different shift for most of my career there), who wasn't exactly Brad Pitt as a male. Then about ten years after working  the guy decided he was a gal and had the full chopadicktomy.
If he wasn't the greatest looking guy as a male, he was far less attractive as a "female."
The weird thing is he claimed to be attracted to females. No females I knew who worked at our workplace were attracted to him.
So we have a very homely "female" who wants to be loved but is loved by nobody.
I should add many people thought this person mentally disturbed when he was first hired.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 08:34:06 pm »
Pontiac was ahead of their time with the gay Camaro.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 11:12:14 pm »
Mr. Dreher:
"There is no avoiding this fight. It will find you, and your church. It will find your kids, and their school. We are quickly moving to a time when anyone who objects to this will be treated by the State as an enemy. It will be here faster than you think."

And Kamaji echoes with:
"Dreher is correct:  this is a fight against evil."

Well... ok.
I accept what both of you say at face value.
You're both correct.

But my reply to Mr. Dreher, and to Kamaji as well, becomes:
"Is it time for that New Continental Congress yet...??"