Author Topic: How 15% ethanol blend gas will affect your vehicle  (Read 363 times)

Offline libertybele

How 15% ethanol blend gas will affect your vehicle
« on: April 14, 2022, 12:49:56 am »
I have a 2019. I checked the manufacturer's recommendations - no greater than 10% ethanol.  So -- my question is -- are we going to be able to find 10% or less gasoline with ethanol? I know that there are very very few stations around here that sell gasoline with no ethanol.

Older car owners are concerned about their engines now that the Biden administration is allowing the sale of 15% ethanol gas to lower gas prices.

This gasoline blend is normally banned because of its environmental impacts, but it doesn’t just hurt the atmosphere.

Many things can damage your car or truck, but you don’t expect gas to be one of them.

WINK News wanted to determine what the widespread use of 15% ethanol blend will really mean for drivers.

“15% ethanol versus straight gasoline will be about 4% to 5% decrease in mileage in all vehicles across the board,” said Billy Marino, a mechanic at Terry Wynter Auto Service Center.

How will people know if their car runs on this blend? “Around 2005, they introduced ethanol as a standard into all gasoline in the US market. From that time forward, manufactured vehicles adhere to it. Cars earlier than that aren’t really equipped for it,” said Marino.

The Biden administration says the move will save drivers an average of 10 cents per gallon at more than 2,300 gas stations, but will it be worth it?

“What’s going to happen is we’re just going to end up consuming more fuel to get the same miles out of that tank. The 10 cents or so that we may recoup by using ethanol isn’t going to offset the cost of using a gallon and a half more of fuel,” said Marino.

The best way to prevent ethanol damage is to use the proper fuel in your car..............

https://www.winknews.com/2022/04/13/how-15-ethanol-blend-gas-will-effect-your-vehicle/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 12:58:55 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.