Author Topic: Here’s How To Butcher A Chicken In Your Backyard For Dinner  (Read 84 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here’s How To Butcher A Chicken In Your Backyard For Dinner
By: Laura Baxter
April 13, 2022

Rising inflation. Shortages. Global instability. What practical steps can you take to protect your family’s food supply?

Even in many urban communities, you can generally keep a couple of chickens in the back yard. Compared with their store-bought cousins, backyard eggs are attractive, delicious, nutritious, humane, and just plain fun. For those who care about such things, many chicken breeds and chicken coops are truly Pinterest-worthy.

However, yard eggs come with a darker side, often overlooked. Older hens become less productive over time. And roosters (because sex is binary) do not lay eggs at all. Especially if you start with chicks, you will end up with unwanted roosters. Your chicken-loving friends will also end up with unwanted roosters.

Give this tragedy a delicious plot twist. Rehome those roosters to your freezer!

more
https://thefederalist.com/2022/04/13/heres-how-to-butcher-a-chicken-in-your-backyard-for-dinner/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Here’s How To Butcher A Chicken In Your Backyard For Dinner
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 03:08:03 pm »
Poultry gender is not as binary as you believe ... there are transgendered roosters ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY02-_Zub0I
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.