Author Topic: Another high-impact tropical storm season is anticipated for the U.S. coast:  (Read 115 times)

rebewranger

2022 Hurricane impact forecast
By Joe Bastardi |April 12th, 2022|Weather|8 Comments
Another high-impact tropical storm season is anticipated for the U.S. coast:

Long-tracked, large storms are less likely than in-close, smaller storms that form quickly.
There will again be plenty of “throw-away” storms to the north of the Main Development Region which will pad the total numbers.

An enigma concerning the Northeast is analyzed.
The Western Pacific will again have lower than average activity.
First of all, there are no changes to the total numbers, but I will explain the impact numbers in more detail below.

Named Storms: 18-22
Hurricanes: 6-10
Major Hurricanes: 2-4
ACE: 140-180

https://www.cfact.org/2022/04/12/2022-hurricane-impact-forecast/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=2022-hurricane-impact-forecast
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 01:54:28 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
When I saw the specific comment close in smaller storms forming quickly, the GOM was of course the first thing that comes to mind.

And walla......   Here is the scoring the site is giving expected impact area.  Meterorlogically this year seems a lot like '95, Dry winter in the gulf states, followed by a Hurricane Season that was full of fish storms, and a lot of activity in the gulf.  For those who may have forgotten, that was the season that Cat 4 Opal slammed Florida.

Region   Impact Score Forecast
Gulf of Mexico   7
Southeast   3
Northeast   2
Bahamas   2.5
Caribbean   2
Mexico & Central America   4

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: