Author Topic: Sen. Kyrsten Sinema calls for increased US oil production  (Read 273 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Sen. Kyrsten Sinema calls for increased US oil production
« on: April 13, 2022, 01:48:24 pm »
How about we go back to being energy independent?

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema calls for increased US oil production

Democratic Sen. Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona called Tuesday for raising U.S. oil production to offset the loss of imported Russian oil, according to the Associated Press.

"The reasonable way to address what is going to be an oil shortage in America is for us to responsibly increase our own domestic oil production," the senator remarked during a luncheon for the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry, according to the outlet.

Americans have been getting slammed by high gas prices — as of Tuesday, the AAA national average for a gallon of regular gas was $4.098.

Last month, President Joe Biden issued an executive order banning the import of crude oil and other products from Russia, a country that has been waging a devastating invasion in Ukraine.

"We can help our European allies do the same, but it is incumbent on us to help fill that gap," Sinema said, according to the AP........

https://www.theblaze.com/news/sinema-calls-for-increased-us-oil-production
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Sen. Kyrsten Sinema calls for increased US oil production
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 01:51:48 pm »
That's 2 that would vote in that direction. (Manchin)

Do your job Turdle......

Force a senate vote, and offically make 48 dims go on record accordingly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 01:55:29 pm »
It’s becoming more and more clear that Democrats and the media have now decided Joe Biden is a liability for their future

You saw it when they ignored him completely at that White House gathering. Joe Manchin is slamming the White House over inflation. The media now discovering that not only is the Hunter Biden laptop story real and not a Russian hoax, but has a lot of damaging information in it . And now this

The rats are leaving a sinking ship
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 02:44:14 pm »
Increased fuel prices are driving inflation now, and will drive it harder in the future.
Everything you buy has the cost of transporting it written in, and the cost of keeping the lights on in every warehouse, transshipment point and even the store you buy it from.

All of that could be affected by rescinding, by statute, Biden's executive orders making it harder to drill wells, complete them, and get oil to refiners.

Congress could (theoretically) do this.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 02:48:54 pm »
Increased fuel prices are driving inflation now, and will drive it harder in the future.
Everything you buy has the cost of transporting it written in, and the cost of keeping the lights on in every warehouse, transshipment point and even the store you buy it from.

All of that could be affected by rescinding, by statute, Biden's executive orders making it harder to drill wells, complete them, and get oil to refiners.

Congress could (theoretically) do this.

Based on recent senate comments from Sinema and Manchin, I think we could get a 52-48 senate move..  But.....

I don't think you will find enough dims in the house who would pass anything that doesn't bow down to the GND oracle.  I might be wrong, but I don't think there a 20 or so, swing districts that would defect.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 02:54:49 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 02:52:18 pm »
Based on recent senate comments from Sinema and Manchin, I think we could get a 52-38 senate move..  But.....

I don't think you will find enough dims in the house who would pass anything that doesn't bow down to the GND oracle.  I might be wrong, but I don't think there a 20 or so, swing districts that would defect.
Yeah, but what better line in their election year sales pitch than "We tried to help"?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 03:02:55 pm »
Good luck with that.  Biden would rather buy oil from Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, and Iran than Alaska.

I'm starting to wonder if Biden's opposition to the domestic energy industries isn't driven by the fact that many energy producing states are Republican-leaning.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2022, 05:29:21 am »
Good luck with that.  Biden would rather buy oil from Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, and Iran than Alaska.

I'm starting to wonder if Biden's opposition to the domestic energy industries isn't driven by the fact that many energy producing states are Republican-leaning.
While that could well be (they are, as are most States that produce much from mining, oil, and agriculture), the problem is that he cannot hurt those states without hurting the whole country. Any attempt to 'punish' the productive states, punishes all.
It is like getting mad at your leg and beating it, then whining because you are walking with a limp.

C S Lewis