Author Topic: Study finds widespread uranium contamination in US drinking water  (Read 230 times)

rebewranger

Study finds widespread uranium contamination in US drinking water
Joshua Hawkins - Yesterday 5:15 PM

uranium in the water supply
The EPA says that it’s unclear how much of a threat higher levels of uranium pose to our water supply. However, it does want to completely remove the radioactive, metallic compound from the U.S. drinking water supply altogether. That’s because it has become one of the most underappreciated contaminants in the public drinking supply.

The EPA has a maximum contaminant level set for the total amount of uranium in the water. Researchers found that two-thirds of the samples between 2000 and 2011 had 2.1 percent higher than average uranium concentration than the EPA “allows”.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/study-finds-widespread-uranium-contamination-in-us-drinking-water/ar-AAW6R7s?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5e0ab1c5e0c04bcdc2a0bb7ea59c3b80

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Study finds widespread uranium contamination in US drinking water
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 05:32:56 pm »
I drink either locally sourced spring water or FIJI water.  Yes, it is more expensive that filtering tap water, but given what this article is stating, who truly knows what people are consuming in their water.

"Our public drinking systems provide over 90 percent of water to the country. As such, it is concerning to see radioactive elements
like uranium reaching high contamination levels."
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 06:15:38 pm »
"Fluorine  added to drinking water is a waste product from uranium processing" ......

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 06:44:31 pm »
Must not be much - no one's gained superpowers yet
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 08:22:40 pm »
I know I haven't received any super powers. I'm still waiting.

When I read the statement from our local water provider, uranium is not even listed. But a lot of other "ingredients" are there.