Author Topic: Biden Helping China Plunder American Tech Companies  (Read 100 times)

Online mountaineer

Biden Helping China Plunder American Tech Companies
« on: April 13, 2022, 12:56:08 pm »
Biden Helping China Plunder American Tech Companies
Gordon Chang
Newsweek
April 12, 2022

The Biden administration has proposed a technical—but critical—change to U.S. patent policy that could have been drafted in Beijing. In fact, a Chinese front organization has formally endorsed the proposal, which will gut protection for an especially important type of American patents.

Last December, the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice, along with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the National Institute of Standards and Technology, issued the Draft Policy Statement on Licensing Negotiations and Remedies for Standards-Essential Patents Subject to Voluntary F/RAND Commitments.

The Draft Policy, according to the Justice Department, would lead to "widespread and efficient licensing" by holders of standards-essential patents (SEPs) and thereby "promote technology innovation, further consumer choice and enable industry competitiveness." ...

America's ability to develop new technologies is only as strong as its patents, and patents are only as strong as the rights of patent holders. The Draft Policy makes it extremely difficult, perhaps nearly impossible, for SEP holders to get federal court-ordered injunctions stopping uses of infringing products. The proposed change would even prevent the U.S. International Trade Commission from halting the importation of foreign infringing products. ...
Read entire article at Newsweek
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Biden Helping China Plunder American Tech Companies
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 01:14:29 pm »
I wonder what the Chinese paid him for that little number?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Re: Biden Helping China Plunder American Tech Companies
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 01:15:17 pm »
I wonder what the Chinese paid him for that little number?
The Big Guy always gets his cut.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org