Author Topic: Laura Ingraham unafraid to hit Trump and Hannity for endorsing Dr. Oz: ‘I’ll say it…it was a mistake  (Read 289 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Laura Ingraham unafraid to hit Trump and Hannity for endorsing Dr. Oz: ‘I’ll say it…it was a mistake’
April 13, 2022 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

Fox News host Laura Ingraham interviewed former Trump administration adviser Kellyanne Conway on Tuesday, taking aim at fellow Fox News host Sean Hannity’s and former President Donald Trump’s endorsement of Dr. Mehmet Oz for the US Senate in Pennsylvania.

Ingraham was critical of the endorsement, calling it a “mistake.” She asked Conway, who endorsed Republican Dave McCormick in Pennsylvania, if it was an error by Trump and Hannity to endorse Oz several times. It was obvious that Conway thought it was but she would not utter the word “mistake” on Trump’s part. She did, however, highlight some of the liberal stances that Oz has taken making him a poor choice for the Senate.

“Do you think the Trump endorsement of Oz was a mistake?” Ingraham asked Conway putting her on the spot over the issue.

“Well, President Trump’s endorsement in these Republican primaries is a highly sought after and deeply consequential piece of political currency. So many people want it, they make the trek to Bedminster or Mar-a-Lago–” Conway responded.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/04/13/laura-ingraham-unafraid-to-hit-trump-and-hannity-for-endorsing-dr-oz-ill-say-it-it-was-a-mistake-1225137/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, she's correct about this, anyway.... 66minnie
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Well, she's correct about this, anyway.... 66minnie

Sometimes I wonder if DJT puts more value politically on name recognition instead of ideology.  OZ's opponent in the primary (from that piece last night) is significantly more conservative than OZ.  Why would Trump do this?  Ring kissing maybe?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 04:37:34 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sometimes I wonder if DJT puts more value politically on name recognition instead of ideology.  OZ's oppenent in the primary (from that piece last night) is significantly more conservative than OZ.  Why would Trump do this?  Ring kissing maybe?

I don't know, but if he causes us to lose elections this fall he's done as a king-maker.  This one is particularly boneheaded.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
@DCPatriot
@Right_in_Virginia

Just wondered what y'alls take on this endorsement.....

Is there something behind the scenes we aren't understanding?  At face value, it doesn't look good.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@DCPatriot
@Right_in_Virginia

Is there something behind the scenes we aren't understanding?  At face value, it doesn't look good.

I've not been followng this @catfish1957     .... let me see what I can find out.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot
@Right_in_Virginia

@catfish1957

IMO, because Donald Trump's 'Apprentice', he's very cognizant of the 'Wow Factor'.  The celebrity of a candidate gives them the already desired name recognition.

I think Pres. Trump believes that after 8 yrs of Obama and 1-1/2 of Biden (Obama II), any fence sitter who loves America and the Capitalist system is the right candidate with which to work.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@catfish1957

IMO, because Donald Trump's 'Apprentice', he's very cognizant of the 'Wow Factor'.  The celebrity of a candidate gives them the already desired name recognition.

I think Pres. Trump believes that after 8 yrs of Obama and 1-1/2 of Biden (Obama II), any fence sitter who loves America and the Capitalist system is the right candidate with which to work.

I'm still smarting from the Martha McSally endorsement.  :chairbang:
I will NOT comply.

Online yodaspock

My question is dr. Oz better at somethings like talking on television, better able to communicate complex subjects than some RINO who goes in to hiding after winning the election? Could that have any bearing on the choice?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My question is dr. Oz better at somethings like talking on television, better able to communicate complex subjects than some RINO who goes in to hiding after winning the election? Could that have any bearing on the choice?

Could work, assuming Oz doesn't go full McCain or Romney after the election. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I have to agree with Ingraham on this. Trump and Hannity made a poor choice with Oz.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

Hannity also tried selling Mitt Romney as the great conservative choice so he has no credibility.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

I've not been followng this @catfish1957     .... let me see what I can find out.

Wow!  It is UGLEEE out there!   :laugh:  @catfish1957   In the interest of full disclosure, I don't have a dog in this fight and wish PA good deciding.

I'm glad I kept this communique from Trump about Oz ------

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Dr. Oz is a carpetbagger ... that may fly in New York (Robert Kenedy, Hillary Clinton), but I doubt that pig will fly in Deer Hunter country.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Also found one brave soul out there swimming against the tide on this @catfish1957  FWIW.

Trump Had Every Reason to Endorse Dr. Oz
American Greatness, Apr 12, 2022, Ned Ryun

When you get a handful of lemons like we have with the
Republican primary in Pennsylvania, you make lemonade. And
Trump is making sweet lemonade out of them.

The reaction by some to Donald Trump’s endorsement of Dr. Mehmet Oz in the U.S. Senate race in Pennsylvania seems a bit over the top. I mean, I get it on some levels: Oz isn’t great on the issues, isn’t a conservative rockstar (as if Pennsylvania produces any), and is an unknown commodity in electoral politics (see Trump, Donald J., circa 2015). But everyone needs to take a deep breath and understand that Oz is 10 times better than former hedgefund CEO Dave McCormick. And in Trump’s mind, maybe 50 times better.

If you’re Trump, you have political capital. The man has clout with the base and given the numbers he’s seen, he can be the kingmaker in U.S. Senate races in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Arizona, and Missouri. There are no credible MAGA candidates in the Pennsylvania Senate race; this isn’t a potential Jim DeMint versus Oz situation, so Trump really has two choices: Oz or McCormick.

Now I fully understand that on a variety of issues Oz has made troubling comments and that he’s a gamble. He’s also very new to politics and I assume that some of those opinions will adjust as he continues on with the campaign and gains experience. I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump helps guide him through some of those minefields.

Now consider Trump’s view of Oz. In 2016, when pundits and the press were questioning Trump’s health and ability to serve as president, Oz had him on his TV show and vouched forcefully for Trump’s good health. Even when Oz was baited by the leftist press to attack Trump, he refused. That kind of loyalty goes a long way with Trump.

Now look at McCormick. He’s spent decades being very consistent on a whole host of fronts, and not in a good way. Let’s start with his pro-China stance. As the president and later CEO of Bridgewater, McCormick loved doing business with China. He was there for over a dozen years and in case you didn’t know, Bridgewater has been managing Chinese state money since 1993, including Beijing’s sovereign wealth fund. In short, Bridgewater is in bed with the Chinese Communist Party. Under McCormick’s leadership, Bridgewater didn’t shy away from doing business with the Chinese Communists. In fact, McCormick expanded Bridgewater’s business in China, even helping raise over $1 billion for a private fund in China as late as November 2021.

Beyond China, McCormick is your typical open borders, pro-amnesty, Chamber of Commerce type of Republican. He’s also the typical neocon who hasn’t seen a war he doesn’t like. Even worse, he’s bought into the lie of January 6. When asked about it by Bloomberg weeks after the incident, in the context of whether the GOP should jettison Trumpism, McCormick replied, “We shouldn’t embrace the divisiveness of the last four years” of which “Trump bears a great responsibility.” Evidently, McCormick missed the divisiveness caused by the Russian collusion hoax, Ukrainian quid pro quo, and a host of other nonstop attacks by administrative state actors and corporate propagandists.

Throw on top of the crap cake that is McCormick the icing of his new wife, globalist Dina Powell, and you’re telling me Trump isn’t going to endorse his opponent? Come on. Of course Trump is going to endorse Oz.

More:  https://amgreatness.com/2022/04/12/trump-had-every-reason-to-endorse-dr-oz/

Online mountaineer

Apparently, Mike Pompeo also has some objections.
Jonathan Swan
@jonathanvswan
Pompeo is holding a press call on “national security concerns” about Trump’s endorsed candidate in Pa. — Dr Oz.

9:06 AM · May 6, 2022·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org