Author Topic: Democrats face nightmare scenario, ‘biblical disaster’ by Niall Stanage  (Read 308 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 The Memo: Democrats face nightmare scenario, ‘biblical disaster’
by Niall Stanage - 04/12/22 7:24 PM ET

Democrats are facing a nightmare scenario with about six months to go before the midterm elections.

Inflation, immigration, the war in Ukraine and the still-lingering COVID-19 pandemic make for a dreadful political atmosphere for President Biden’s party.

The problems are compounded by Biden’s weak approval numbers and the historical pattern whereby a president’s party typically loses seats in the first midterms of his tenure.

Some Democrats believe a turnaround is still possible, or at least that losses can be kept modest.

But others, granted anonymity to speak candidly, sound a louder alarm.

“I think this is going to be a biblical disaster,” said one such Democratic strategist, who did not wish to be named. “This is the reality we are in as Democrats and no one wants to face it.”

Democrats know the bitter taste of bad midterm results. The party fared dismally during the first midterm elections of President Clinton and President Obama. In 1994, with Clinton in the White House, Democrats lost a net 54 House seats. In 2010, under Obama, they lost 63 seats.

An increasingly gerrymandered Congress makes that kind of wipeout hard to see this year.

But around Washington, virtually no one expects Democrats to retain their slim House majority. One useful point of comparison is 1982, when inflation was rampant as it is now and Republicans lost a net 26 House seats with President Reagan in the White House.

The vulnerabilities for Biden’s party are clear and specific.

more
https://thehill.com/news/administration/3265986-the-memo-democrats-face-nightmare-scenario-biblical-disaster/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Always run like you are 20 points behind.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Always run like you are 20 points behind.
Yep. You'll need that to overcome the fraud.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Yep. You'll need that to overcome the fraud.

2020 proved they could get away with it.  I don't ever expect it to end.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

2020 proved they could get away with it.  I don't ever expect it to end.

It won’t if we continue to fail to insist on having elections that are at least as secure as those in Mexico or France. 

Offline Killer Clouds

It won’t if we continue to fail to insist on having elections that are at least as secure as those in Mexico or France.
Mexico doesn't worry about elections anymore. All their people are either here or are coming here.

Offline LMAO

The Democrats are in for a tough night this year. They know it

But I am under no illusion that anything is really going to change with the Republicans in control of Congress based on history. I hope I’m wrong because we cannot afford this anymore.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy