Author Topic: Gov. Chris Sununu Attacks Trump — And Strikes Out by Jeffrey Lord  (Read 87 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Gov. Chris Sununu Attacks Trump — And Strikes Out
A Gridiron speech that was self-revealing.
by Jeffrey Lord
April 12, 2022, 12:53 AM

Talk about a lesson in unself-awareness.

The other day, New Hampshire’s “Republican” governor, Chris Sununu, came to The Swamp and was the “Republican” speaker at a Washington elite favorite — the Gridiron Dinner.

All off the record, don’t you know. Yet somehow, someway, the governor’s speech calling former President Donald Trump “crazy” made its way into the media — shocker! — as here at the Daily Beast. The article was written by longtime liberal media figure Eleanor Clift. The headline:

Here’s How the GOP Can Move Beyond Trumpism

LEAVING TRUMPLAND

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu did what so many Republicans claim privately they’d like to do — he publicly mocked Trump.

Sununu added:

“I don’t think he’s so crazy that you could put him in a mental institution. But I think if he were in one, he ain’t getting out!”

The utterly predictable response: roars of laughter amidst the rattle of jewelry.

The Daily Beast piece goes on to quote pollster Frank Luntz as saying that Republicans are laughing at Trump behind his back.

Really? Really? Clearly, Luntz needs to get out more. As I noted a couple of months ago after I moderated debates for Pennsylvania GOP Senate and gubernatorial candidates in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, Trump supporters swarmed the debates. They were both passionate and made it plain in my conversations with them that they weren’t going anywhere. So too were enthusiastic Trump supporters flooding the recent Pennsylvania Leadership Conference, a state version of CPAC filled with hundreds of conservative activists. As I noted after attending the conference:

more
https://spectator.org/gov-chris-sununu-attacks-trump-and-strikes-out/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34