Author Topic: Blood on the blades: are thousands of dead bald eagles too high a price to pay for “clean” energy  (Read 189 times)

rebewranger

Blood on the blades: are thousands of dead bald eagles too high a price to pay for “clean” energy
6 hours ago Guest Blogger 42 Comments
From the CO2 Coalition

By Gregory Wrightstone

Last week the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced that they had sentenced ESI Energy for a “blatant disregard” of federal wildlife laws of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA). In their guilty plea to multiple violations, ESI admitted to the killing of at least 150 bald and golden eagles across 50 of its wind-energy facilities since 2012. Nearly all died of blunt force trauma attributable to being struck by a wind-turbine blade.

The so-called “clean” energy company — a subsidiary of NextEra Energy — was fined $8 million, or about $53,300 per carcass. It turns out that the fine and sentencing was NOT because they killed many dozens of our national symbol, but rather that they killed them without first acquiring the necessary permits that would have legalized the slaughter.

Why would ESI simply fail to do the paperwork that is regularly a part of the process for permitting wind facilities? The answer: money, and a lot of it.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/04/12/blood-on-the-blades-are-thousands-of-dead-bald-eagles-too-high-a-price-to-pay-for-clean-energy/

rebewranger

They will reroute rivers to save the snot nosed saber-toothed slug but bald eagles are expendable? :banghead:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Already asked and answered.  The enviroweenies have known all about the Raptor Killers for decades, and have decided it's a small price to pay.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Already asked and answered.  The enviroweenies have known all about the Raptor Killers for decades, and have decided it's a small price to pay.

Envirowhacko agenda was never about saving the earth.  If so, why such a land rush of their leaders to lavish beach front properties.

It was

(1) 3rd world wealth re-distribution
(2) Their contribition to NWO agenda
(3) to destroy one of the most "red" leaning industries out there....   Oil.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

But pick up a feather from one of those slaughtered eagles and see what happens.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
But pick up a feather from one of those slaughtered eagles and see what happens.

Under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, BP paid $100M for 100,000 birds during the gulf well blow out in 2010.  How about a little equitable treatment huh?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.