Author Topic: Joe Biden: Important to See Gun Makers’ Internal Documents to Scrutinize Marketing of ‘Their Deadly  (Read 829 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden: Important to See Gun Makers’ Internal Documents to Scrutinize Marketing of ‘Their Deadly Products’

AWR Hawkins 11 Apr 2022

President Biden emphasized on Monday while announcing his new controls on so-called “ghost guns” that acquiring gun makers’ internal documents is crucial to scrutinizing said makers’ marketing of “deadly products.”

Biden segued from so-called “ghost guns” and pushed for other gun controls, then praised the Sandy Hook Elementary School families who sued Remington over the December 14, 2012, Sandy Hook shooting.

The gun used in the Sandy Hook was a stolen Bushmaster rifle, and Bushmaster was owned by Remington at the time.

Biden noted, “Remington agreed to release thousands of pages of internal documents,” as part of the settlement with the Sandy Hook families.

He then said, “Here’s why it’s so important: Remember, it wasn’t until we saw the internal documents that we really understood what cigarette manufacturers were doing to our kids and to our families. Now, we may begin to see what gun manufacturers are and are not doing when it comes to making and marketing their deadly products.”

On February 4 Breitbart News reported that Biden compared gun makers to cigarette manufacturers, asking why the firearm industry has lawsuit protections that were not there to shield tobacco companies.

Townhall.com posted video of Biden addressing the topic by saying gun makers are “the only industry in America that is exempted from being able to be sued by the public.”

Biden has made the claim that gun makers have immunity from lawsuits numerous times before, and on April 9, 2021, Breitbart News pointed out that his claims are false.

Gun manufacturers are protected from lawsuits in situations where a gun, criminally used, was legally made and legally sold. Those protections are found in the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) of 2005.

But the protections set forth in the PLCAA do not shield gun manufacturers from lawsuits over defective goods, criminal misconduct on the part of the gun maker, etc. In other words, the protections in the PLCAA do not provide gun makers with immunity.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/11/joe-biden-important-see-gun-makers-internal-documents-scrutinize-marketing-deadly-products/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

I want to see Hunter's laptop.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

This idiot makes me want to use language I shouldn't.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This idiot makes me want to use language I shouldn't.  :pondering:
This idiot makes me want to use language I shouldn't.

Some days, I just don't have that much control.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Who wants to bet that whatever gun-grabbing proposal the feds come up with, the person they put in charge will be as stupid as this:

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Who wants to bet that whatever gun-grabbing proposal the feds come up with, the person they put in charge will be as stupid as this:

Is that image serious?  What a rube.  But, that's the sort of epic stupidity we face constantly from the left.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I have a screwdriver that fires rounds just like that.  Am I going to have to register my hand tools with the DOJ Citizen Disarment Bureau?

You don't need to be Carnac the Magnificent to predict, yet, another American industry will move overseas or shutdown completely.  Yes, Biden did that.

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online berdie

Oh dear, does this mean I will have to get a permit to own a drill or electric screwdriver??

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh dear, does this mean I will have to get a permit to own a drill or electric screwdriver??
They aren't against screwdrivers.Just the cordless assault screwdrivers with the high capacity batteries...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis