Author Topic: Thomas Massie: Biden’s New Gun Controls Go Against 200+ Years of American History  (Read 545 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thomas Massie: Biden’s New Gun Controls Go Against 200+ Years of American History

AWR Hawkins 11 Apr 2022

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) is pushing back against President Biden’s controls on so-called “ghost guns” by tweeting that Biden’s executive action runs counter to Americans’ ability to build their own guns for 200+ years.

Breitbart News reported that Biden’s Department of Justice (DOJ) is classifying 80-percent gun kits as firearms and requiring a background check for the purchase of those gun kits. The DOJ’s move is part of Biden’s attempt to crack down on so-called “ghost guns.”

Massie is warning that the actions being taken against so-called “ghost guns” not only go against American history, but are also evidence of Biden making law instead of Congress doing so.

Massie tweeted: “The Constitution does not authorize the federal government to prevent you from making your own firearm. This a fact that has been recognized for 200+ years. Also, Article 1, Section 1 (literally the first operative sentence in the Constitution) says Congress makes law, not POTUS!”

Democrats refer to unserialized guns as “ghost guns,” demonizing those guns today in the same way they demonized AR-15s in the 1990s when they were trying to secure an “assault weapons” ban.

more w/video
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/11/thomas-massie-bidens-new-gun-controls-against-200-years-american-history/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Aside from the rank violation of the separation of powers, ex post facto, and lying about the use of "ghost guns" in crime (AR-15s are very seldom used in crime, and most of the guns that are HAD serial numbers if they have been removed, which is already a crime), this is a 'solution' in search of a problem.

The second amendment says "...shall not be infringed" and if requiring a license for me to make a gun for my own use isn't an infringement, or requiring me to get serial numbers put on parts by a licensed manufacturer (parts I create for MY use) is not an infringement, I don't know what is.

It was those people who had the knack and forged their own arms who helped create this country, so those especially are the sort of arms, including guns, the Second Amendment was written to protect.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 08:47:05 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rustynail

Should not the first amendment be looked at?  Home built unregistered high powered computers could be used for untraceable crypto currency transactions or insurrectionist plotting.  Unnumbered stealth machines might be invisible on the dark web.  Treasonous tracts blasted across cyberspace with no way to find the perpetrators.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Should not the first amendment be looked at?  Home built unregistered high powered computers could be used for untraceable crypto currency transactions or insurrectionist plotting.  Unnumbered stealth machines might be invisible on the dark web.  Treasonous tracts blasted across cyberspace with no way to find the perpetrators.
C'mon man!
Why do you think the NSA built those massive server farms?
So they could track all that and more.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis