Author Topic: Biden to reinstate 15% ethanol gasoline for summer, claiming cost savings  (Read 414 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden to reinstate 15% ethanol gasoline for summer, claiming cost savings
by Breanne Deppisch, Energy and Environment Reporter
 | April 12, 2022 05:00 AM

President Joe Biden will announce today that the Environmental Protection Agency will reinstate the use of 15% ethanol blends in gasoline for the summer driving season.

Biden will cast the move as a measure to lower gas prices in the United States, but it will also help his standing with legislators from ethanol-producing states.

The EPA will issue a national waiver to lift current restrictions on the E15 blend. The waiver is slated take effect June 1 and run through Sept. 15, White House officials said.

Speaking to reporters in a phone call Tuesday night, administration officials touted the cost-saving benefits of E15, which is roughly 10 cents cheaper per gallon than gasoline.

This action provides consumers “with a greater choice, savings, and also a source of fuel that is not dependent on the oil market — which is right now volatile as a result of Putin’s actions in Ukraine,” a senior administration official told reporters ahead of Biden’s announcement.

The news comes as gas prices in the U.S. climbed to a national average of $4.33 last month amid Russia's war in Ukraine. Gas prices continue to sit above $4 per gallon nationwide, according to AAA.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/biden-to-reinstate-15-ethanol-gasoline-for-summer-claiming-cost-savings
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When we need corn and grain more then ever to feed livestock and for our food supply this asshat wants to use it to dilute gas so it can pollute.

Big brain on our office holder.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

When we need corn and grain more then ever to feed livestock and for our food supply this asshat wants to use it to dilute gas so it can pollute.

Plus overall you actually burn more gas with E 15.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Very true.  Had a FLex-Fuel car that could run on E85 it averaged between 20-30% less MPG compared to the same number of miles vs regular gasoline.  During cold weather the car ran like shit and at times would stall out.  E85 is crap fuel.

Offline mountaineer

H.L. Chiselfritz
@RotNScoundrel
Of course we’re not going to drill for more oil. Today, Joe Biden is going to ask EPA to temporarily lift Summer ban on E15 gasoline. E15 gas creates more pollution than the commonly used E10 blend which contains 5% less ethanol. E15 gas also cause lower fuel economy. 🙄
9:13 AM · Apr 12, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

Joe Biden doesn't care about the climate.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Corn prices, animal feed prices, and meat prices are about to go up even more to accomplish less than nothing.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

Joe Biden doesn't care about the climate.
Joe Biden cares only about pudding and getting his Depends changed. Those handling him - the Obama/Rice/Soros crew - don't care about the climate, only about control of the masses.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I always wondered how using food stock for fuel made any sense, it drives up the cost of meat(a plus to liberals), it is ecologically unsound practice -
They argue that using more of their so-called renewable fuel would benefit the environment. But in reality, more ethanol means more carbon emissions, more toxic pollutants into drinking water, more toxic algae blooms and higher water bills for Midwestern residents. And as you point out makes poor sense using it as fuel for cars because it has a lower energy content as well as damaging older vehicles(also a plus for liberals).

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
Don't ya just love the sound of your engine knocking?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Scraps Green Fuel Rules In Bid To Slow Skyrocketing Gas Prices

Thomas Catenacci
Energy & Environment Reporter
April 12, 2022 11:33 AM ET

President Joe Biden is expected to announce a temporary pause on an environmental rule that regulates gasoline mix Tuesday, the White House announced.

Biden is set to announce that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will allow energy providers to supply gas stations with 15% ethanol blend fuel throughout the summer, during an event in Menlo, Iowa, on Tuesday, according to a White House fact sheet. Gasoline with 15% ethanol — which has been banned for a decade under the Clean Air Act — will be allowed between June 1 and Sept. 15 as a result of Biden’s action.

“The President is committed to doing everything he can to address the pain Americans are feeling at the pump as a result of Putin’s Price Hike,” the White House said. “The Administration’s strategy to spur the development of homegrown biofuels is critical to expanding Americans’ options for affordable fuel in the short-term and to building real energy independence in the long-term by reducing our reliance on fossil fuels.”

Gasoline prices, which have surged throughout Biden’s 15 months in office, hit record highs in March after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine which disrupted global energy markets dominated by Russian supplies.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/04/12/joe-biden-ethanol-gasoline-inflation-russia/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

“The President is committed to doing everything he can to address the pain Americans are feeling at the pump as a result of Putin’s Price Hike,” the White House said.

Absolute unmitigated bullsh*t.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Joe Skeezy doesn't realize that the ethanol price is adjusted for BTU's. The cost difference ends up as a wash.
The Republic is lost.