Author Topic: Los Angeles mayoral candidate wants to abolish the police because 'resourced healthy communities' do  (Read 395 times)

rebewranger

Los Angeles mayoral candidate wants to abolish the police because 'resourced healthy communities' don't need police
NEWS
'If folks have their needs met, they don't need to steal!'
CARLOS GARCIAApril 07, 2022   

Like Blaze News? Get the news that matters most delivered directly to your inbox.

A mayoral candidate in Los Angeles, California, said that she was in favor of abolishing the police department altogether because she believes that healthy communities simply don't need police.

Community activist Gina Viola made the comments in an interview with Elex Michaelson and Marla Tellez of KTTV-TV.

"I say that resourced healthy communities are safe communities, that the reason that there are any communities that aren't safe is because the police has been hoarding the budget," said Viola.

"If you look at the COVID dollars that were put into the city of Los Angeles, Kenneth Mejia, who is running for city controller, put a billboard the other day. The LAPD got over half of that funding that was meant for COVID relief for the city of L.A. And this has been our reality for decades now," she continued.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/la-mayor-candidate-abolish-police

rebewranger

My bootcamp company consisted of about 80 guys from NYC and 4 of us who weren't.  They used to go out thieving around the base at night just to keep in practice.  Thievery is not necessarily about having your needs unmet. :nono:

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Los Angeles ran a pilot program for such in 1992.  It didn't go well, especially for liquor and appliance stores.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright