Author Topic: Voters blame Putin, oil companies for inflated gas prices, poll says  (Read 181 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Voters blame Putin, oil companies for inflated gas prices, poll says

By Ramsey Touchberry - The Washington Times - Monday, April 11, 2022

The majority of voters are blaming increased prices at the pump on Russian President Vladimir Putin and oil companies more than energy policies from President Biden and Democrats, according to a new poll. 

An ABC News/Ipsos survey released over the weekend showed that 71% of voters placed a great deal or good amount of blame on Mr. Putin for his invasion of Ukraine and 68% said the same for oil companies.

The majority of respondents still placed some degree of blame on Mr. Biden (51%) and Democratic policies (52%).   

Although most voters still blamed the president and his party, the vast frustration among Americans toward Mr. Putin and energy companies offers the Biden administration at least some relief from last month, when poll after poll showed most voters frustrated with Democrats and suggested major problems for the party heading into the midterm elections.       

The ABC News/Ipsos poll was conducted April 8-9 among 530 adults. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.9 percentage points.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/apr/11/voters-blame-putin-oil-companies-inflated-gas-pric/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Proving, once again, that Americans are fundamentally stupid, and too easily led by the nose.

Offline rustynail

A poll of the vaxxed and masked

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The majority of respondents still placed some degree of blame on Mr. Biden (51%) and Democratic policies (52%).   

Ukraine wasn't invaded until after gas had risen $1.10/gallon. Were any of those people paying attention? Obviously they missed the first day of the Biden Administration when he fired off a series of Executive Orders to hamstring Oil Companies as they sought to recover from the apocalyptic effects of oil prices going negative during COVID.

Maybe the only hope is to legalize weed and hope these folks don't get around to voting...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, Putin ...

- stopped exploration and devleopment on US Federal Lands
- cancelled the Keystone XL Pipeline
- cancelled Natural Gas Pipelines and LNG terminals
- refused to provide refiners relief from Bio-Fuel Mix Mandate liabilities
- unsuccessfully begged Venezuella, Saudi Arabia, and Iran to increase output

Who knew Putin has greater influence over the US Oil industry than the US Government?  Man, that guy has heinous supervillain powers.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 06:15:20 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

I hear a lot of people blame the oil companies and their greed. But those same people don’t let the administration off the hook, either

Back before the 2008 crash were gas got to near $4 a gallon around here, many of my co workers were upset with the “greedy oil companies.” My question to them so when oil prices drop along with gas prices, is that due to the altruism of the oil companies??  Silence
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Who is supposed to gather the capital necessary and take the risks required to explore, develop, refine, and transport oil and natural gas?  The Salvation Army?  The Kiss Army?

Twice a year there a seasonal spikes in gasoline prices as refiners let runoff inventory to make the switch to winter, summer, or other gas formulations.  This could be eliminated if there was a single, year-round standard for the whole country.  Again, the bi-annual seasonal gasoline switchover is driven by Federal environmental regulations.  A single, national, year-round blend would eliminate inefficiencies caused by the Federally-required seasonal and reformulated gasoline blend switchovers.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

I hear a lot of people blame the oil companies and their greed. But those same people don’t let the administration off the hook, either

Back before the 2008 crash were gas got to near $4 a gallon around here, many of my co workers were upset with the “greedy oil companies.” My question to them so when oil prices drop along with gas prices, is that due to the altruism of the oil companies??  Silence

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Voters blame Putin, oil companies for inflated gas prices, poll says"

I know how polls should be regarded, but...
If this truly reflects what the citizens believe...
We are lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So, Putin ...

- stopped exploration and devleopment on US Federal Lands
- cancelled the Keystone XL Pipeline
- cancelled Natural Gas Pipelines and LNG terminals
- refused to provide refiners relief from Bio-Fuel Mix Mandate liabilities
- unsuccessfully begged Venezuella, Saudi Arabia, and Iran to increase output

Who knew Putin has greater influence over the US Oil industry than the US Government?  Man, that guy has heinous supervillain powers.

:thumbsup:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Voters blame Putin, oil companies for inflated gas prices, poll says
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2022, 12:17:03 pm »
The ABC News/Ipsos poll was conducted April 8-9 among 530 adults. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.9 percentage points.

An accurate poll would have contacted Registered and likely voters.  You know people who actually pay attention and know the real cause of this crisis. 

But CBS/ABC/NBC are the network propaganda arm of the Biden admin.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 12:18:08 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.