Author Topic: Finland Set For NATO Entry As Soon As Summer – Russian Official Warns “Destruction Of Their Country”  (Read 1544 times)

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
The last I saw Putin has overwhelming support in Russia.

Even with the ongoing disastrous news in Ukraine?  Maybe the pollsters are party hacks.

Or...  Russian people have been shielded from outside news.   I do know that where I play online poker, there used to be many many Russian players.  About a month ago, they suddenly and simutaneously all were gone.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Even with the ongoing disastrous news in Ukraine?  Maybe the pollsters are party hacks.

Or...  Russian people have been shielded from outside news.   I do know that where I play online poker, there used to be many many Russian players.  About a month ago, they suddenly and simutaneously all were gone.

They probably lost their ability to connect to the outside world when Russia cut itself off from the global internet.

Online Right_in_Virginia

May sound like good news at the surface, but I worry about the propaganda aspects in Russia as Putin tries spin this as an additonal threat of expansion of its enemies.   We need to avoid any reason to give the Russian people any PR reason to keep supporting this guy.

Any way this is spun, NATO's expansion will add credence to Putin's claim the NATO is an existential threat to its existance and Russia needs a buffer zone at its borders.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 10:36:52 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Hoodat

Any way this is spun, NATO's epansion will add credence to Putin's claim the NATO is an existential threat to its existance

Add credence to a lie?  Interesting.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

Frankly, I haven't seen any NATO country invading Russia.

If I were Finland I'd be screaming for admission. Especially given the "destruction" statement.

Online Right_in_Virginia

If I were Finland I'd be screaming for admission. Especially given the "destruction" statement.

The "destruction" statement followed Finland's request for NATO admission.  @berdie

NATO transitioning to an offensive alliance is the best way to insure war.  Is all out war what you want?

Offline berdie

The "destruction" statement followed Finland's request for NATO admission.  @berdie

NATO transitioning to an offensive alliance is the best way to insure war.  Is all out war what you want?

No, @Right_in_Virginia  I don't want war. Why would NATO not transition to an offensive, especially given their history? As I said...has any NATO nation threatened Russia? Given their history and what is happening...they are predictable, don't you think?

I will agree with you on one point. Should the US be in NATO? Although it is a moot point, because we are, we can't change that tomorrow. It is what it is.

And in reality, we will be involved in European wars...ultimately.

Offline bilo

The media in Russia is not reporting any of the negative news. Also, Putin has tapped into their nationalist pride.

As far as the pollsters go, I wouldn't be surprised if they are party hacks.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

:amen:
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Right_in_Virginia

And in reality, we will be involved in European wars...ultimately.

Why?

Online Hoodat

One of the greatest benefits of the NATO alliance is that it has kept member nations from fighting each other for three-quarters of a century.  Following two world wars in the span of 25 years, Germany hasn't attacked anyone since West Germany joined NATO in the 1950s, they have stayed out of war.  Even Greece and Turkey have remained at peace over that span.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 April 14, 2022 5:56am EDT
Russia makes nuclear threat to Sweden, Finland over NATO consideration
Medvedev's warning came as Sweden and Finland seem closer than ever before to joining the Western alliance
By Brie Stimson | Fox News

Russia will have to bolster its defenses in the Baltic Sea -- including a potential nuclear escalation -- if Sweden and Finland join NATO, Moscow said on Thursday.

"There can be no more talk of any nuclear-free status for the Baltic - the balance must be restored," Dmitry Medvedev, deputy chairman of Russia’s security council and former president of Russia, said, Reuters reported.

"Until today, Russia has not taken such measures and was not going to. If our hand is forced, well ... take note it was not us who proposed this," he added, according to Reuters.

Medvedev's warning came as Sweden and Finland seem closer than ever before to joining the Western alliance.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-nuclear-threat-sweden-finland-nato
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

"There can be no more talk of any nuclear-free status for the Baltic - the balance must be restored," Dmitry Medvedev, deputy chairman of Russia’s security council and former president of Russia, said, Reuters reported.

When was the last time the Baltic was 'nuclear-free'?  Russian strategic nuclear subs have been operating in the Baltic for over half a century.  This signal isn't directed at Finland or Sweden.  It is directed at the milquetoast US coup leader.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

History?

I'm afraid you may be correct @berdie .... and the fact that we have thousands of U.S. troops 'training' in Poland ... right on the border of Ukraine.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Hoodat

For the record, the thing that is pushing Finland and Sweden towards joining NATO is Russia's invasion of a non-NATO country.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I agree, except for India. I believe we can turn them to our side over time. The biggest problem they have is their need of Russian oil.

What we are seeing though is a clear separation of East and West.
More investments in finding oil in Indonesia might make the difference in that, or even offshore of India, but the Chinese will ever be a force in securing those resources. India has a lot of East Bloc weaponry, too, and might not be in a rush to make that change.
India, however produces about 25% of its oil, and while offshore prospects are mainly deepwater, they show promise, as do underexplored basins onshore. There are possibilities there to free themselves from outside energy hegemony, with sufficient investment of capital and time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis