Author Topic: Finland Set For NATO Entry As Soon As Summer – Russian Official Warns “Destruction Of Their Country”  (Read 1545 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Finland Set For NATO Entry As Soon As Summer – Russian Official Warns “Destruction Of Their Country” Coming
April 11, 2022 NEWS

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov on Monday issued a new warning against Finland and Sweden seeking NATO membership, after the Sunday Times reported that “Finland’s application is expected in June, with Sweden expected to follow.”

Peskov said that “the alliance remains a tool geared towards confrontation” – but Washington is said to be supporting the move, with Western officials cited as saying that Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is proving to be a “massive strategic blunder”.

It was first revealed last week that Finland in particular has changed its thinking regarding its historic neutrality on the NATO question; however, there would be a period of domestic political debate before any application is made, and also with Sweden expected to determine its course independently.

After those reports first emerged days ago, a Russia lawmaker from parliament’s upper house, Vladimir Dzhabarov of the Federation Council, issued the most dire warning from among Moscow officials, threatening that such a “strategic mistake” as Helsinki petitioning NATO means Finland “would become a target.”

“I think it [would be] a terrible tragedy for the entire Finnish people,” said Dzhabarov. He also strongly suggested it would result in “the destruction of their country.”

He expressed hope that it’s unlikely that “the Finns themselves will sign a card for the destruction of their country” – as originally cited in RIA Novosti. The Finnish foreign ministry subsequently said it “does not comment on the statements of individual MPs” when asked to respond.

more
https://zububrothers.com/2022/04/11/finland-set-for-nato-entry-as-soon-as-summer-russian-official-warns-destruction-of-their-country-coming/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Russians tried this before, and what they got was guys like this:

Simo Häyhä
He is believed to have killed over 500 men during the Winter War, the highest number of sniper kills in any major war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

Putin has already demonstrated to Finland what happens to non-NATO countries.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Has Russia forgotten "The Winter War"?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Russia, what the hell?

You want to be a global power, yet ...

... you pissed off Irish fishermen (Ireland = neutral country, not a member of NATO)
... you are threatening Finland and Sweden (traditionally neutral countries)
... you've managed to get the Swiss (neutral country) against you

What you are doing is not working.  You got away with it in Chechnya and Syria, because Europeans don't give a crap about those regions.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

BTW, the statement in question was a statement by a member of parliament, not official government policy.  Akin to Kinzinger saying the U.S. should put up a no-fly zone in Ukraine.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Did the US sign on to be at the military beck and call of all of Europe?  We need a sober debate about continuing our membership in NATO.

Let Europe, who apparently is compelled to drag the world into war every generation or two, protect and take care of its own.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Did the US sign on to be at the military beck and call of all of Europe?  We need a sober debate about continuing our membership in NATO.

Let Europe, who apparently is compelled to drag the world into war every generation or two, protect and take care of its own.

Agreed. War is extremely costly; thousands of American military men and women have been killed in past wars, thousands wounded not to mention the lives of innocent civilians.  Then there's the cost of war itself ... billions have been spent.  The costs of our foreign 'policies' needs to be recognized and perhaps adjusted. Also the continued cost of our involvement overseas.  How long have we had troops over in Korea, Germany, etc.?

As I've stated before, my current concern is our military training over in Poland.  There's the financial costs of course, but if things continue to escalate how many military men and women might we lose?

Countries are also playing at the roulette wheel with nuclear weapons.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

Putin has already demonstrated to Finland what happens to non-NATO countries.

This can't be said enough!

I think the process of encircling Russia with a new iron curtain is getting done because of Brandon's efforts to let Russia take Ukraine. The free world sees that Boris Johnson is the leader to follow and that they can not count on the USA to protect them. As a result most of these countries are looking into unified defense policy and improving their defense capabilities. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

I think the process of encircling Russia with a new iron curtain is getting done because of Brandon's efforts to let Russia take Ukraine. The free world sees that Boris Johnson is the leader to follow and that they can not count on the USA to protect them. As a result most of these countries are looking into unified defense policy and improving their defense capabilities.

Let Boris Johnson lead the EU in giving Ukraine whatever it needs, including ground troops to fight Europe's next war.

We've already got a country to save and haven't the time or money to wallow around in another nightmare of Europe's making.  Maybe some day Europe will learn to control its lust for war.  Not having the US to protect them from themselves would be a good first step in that directiion.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 01:20:52 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Hoodat

The Russians tried this before, and what they got was guys like this:

Simo Häyhä
He is believed to have killed over 500 men during the Winter War, the highest number of sniper kills in any major war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

And he did it on skis.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Correctamundo!

Online Hoodat

It will be interesting to see Putin's reaction with NATO troops 100 miles from St. Petersburg.

Offline bilo

Let Boris Johnson lead the EU in giving Ukraine whatever it needs, including ground troops to fight Europe's next war.

We've already got a country to save and haven't the time or money to wallow around in another nightmare of Europe's making.  Maybe some day Europe will learn to control its lust for war.  Not having the US to protect them from themselves would be a good first step in that directiion.

It's hard to see the threat sometimes until it becomes existential. Eliminating/caging a threat when it doesn't require any of our soldiers to do it is smart. Letting a a threat grow till it becomes existential is dumb.

I like to try and be on the side of smart. Where you want to be is your choice. 

Offline bilo

It will be interesting to see Putin's reaction with NATO troops 100 miles from St. Petersburg.

He really miscalculated. I think he was planning on NATO falling apart because of Germany's dependence on his oil and natural gas. It turns out Germany needs the USA to buy their products just as much as they need Russia's gas and oil. Also, Putin needs the gas sales just to keep his country operating. Even worse for Putin NATO not only solidified, but additional countries expressed the desire to join. Now we are starting to see these other countries expressing a desire for weapon systems that are NATO compliant.

At the last meeting NATO held non voting countries that attended included Japan, South Korea, Georgia, Sweden, and Finland. Putin has unified the world against him. His economy is weak and his technological base is not capable of supplying him with the chips for his planes to use smart bombs as well as other repair parts.

All we have to do is supply Ukraine and if they drive the Russians out make it clear no one will go any further. In time Russia's collapse will be complete and no one will miss them.

It's hard to see the threat sometimes until it becomes existential. Eliminating/caging a threat when it doesn't require any of our soldiers to do it is smart. Letting a a threat grow till it becomes existential is dumb.

I like to try and be on the side of smart. Where you want to be is your choice.

Were we smart in Vietnam?  Iraq?  Afghanstan?   

The drumbeat for war with Russia grows louder ..... and all the corruption and domestic and foreign threats already growing within our borders are ignored.  This is where you want to be.  The choice is your right....I just wouldn't call the choice "smart".

« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 04:45:27 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Hoodat

Were we smart in Vietnam?

Before 1969, no.  After 1969, yes.

Iraq?

Yes.

Afghanstan?

Before 2009, yes.  After 2009, no.

The drumbeat for war with Russia grows louder .....

No, it does not.  At least not as long as the momentum in Ukraine is going against them.  But if we fail to arm Ukraine and Russia is able to consolidate control over Donbas, Crimea, and the Sea of Azov, then the possibility of war with Russia increases substantially.

In other words, if we take your advice, then the probability of war is much greater than if we simply provide arms to Ukraine and keep our troops out.

..... and all the corruption and domestic and foreign threats already growing within our borders are ignored.  This is where you want to be.

Non-sequitur (and also untrue).

Online Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

He really miscalculated. I think he was planning on NATO falling apart because of Germany's dependence on his oil and natural gas. It turns out Germany needs the USA to buy their products just as much as they need Russia's gas and oil. Also, Putin needs the gas sales just to keep his country operating. Even worse for Putin NATO not only solidified, but additional countries expressed the desire to join. Now we are starting to see these other countries expressing a desire for weapon systems that are NATO compliant.

At the last meeting NATO held non voting countries that attended included Japan, South Korea, Georgia, Sweden, and Finland. Putin has unified the world against him. His economy is weak and his technological base is not capable of supplying him with the chips for his planes to use smart bombs as well as other repair parts.

All we have to do is supply Ukraine and if they drive the Russians out make it clear no one will go any further. In time Russia's collapse will be complete and no one will miss them.
China, Iran, India, and a few will be in with Putin for now. China will serve him 'to serve their turn upon him' in the end.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

China, Iran, India, and a few will be in with Putin for now. China will serve him 'to serve their turn upon him' in the end.

I agree, except for India. I believe we can turn them to our side over time. The biggest problem they have is their need of Russian oil.

What we are seeing though is a clear separation of East and West.

Offline berdie

I agree, except for India. I believe we can turn them to our side over time. The biggest problem they have is their need of Russian oil.

What we are seeing though is a clear separation of East and West.

Totally agree.

David French
@DavidAFrench

This is excellent news. Historically, extending NATO has extended the zone of peace in Europe. It’s one of the most successful defensive alliances in history.

Dave Keating
@DaveKeating· 5h

🇸🇪#Sweden and 🇫🇮#Finland's prime ministers have just held a joint press conference outlining plans to join #NATO.

🇫🇮 expected to move first. PM Marin says she won't give a timetable but "it will happen quite fast—within weeks, not within months, we will have the discussion"

11:13 AM · Apr 13, 2022   Twitter for iPad

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald

People are obviously free to regard NATO as the most benevolent and noble force in all of human history, but how can it still be referred to as a purely "defensive alliance" after its bombing campaigns in Yugoslavia and Libya? Which NATO members were being "defended" there?

11:16 AM · Apr 13, 2022   Twitter Web App

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald

If an alliance acts aggressively or offensively in wars then it's not a "defensive alliance." It's just like every other military alliance in history: sometimes it acts offensively and sometimes defensively. Calling it a "defensive alliance" means that its sole purpose.

11:27 AM · Apr 13, 2022·Twitter Web App

« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 04:18:16 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
David French
@DavidAFrench

This is excellent news. Historically, extending NATO has extended the zone of peace in Europe. It’s one of the most successful defensive alliances in history.

11:13 AM · Apr 13, 2022   Twitter for iPad

May sound like good news at the surface, but I worry about the propaganda aspects in Russia as Putin tries spin this as an additonal threat of expansion of its enemies.   We need to avoid any reason to give the Russian people any PR reason to keep supporting this guy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

May sound like good news at the surface, but I worry about the propaganda aspects in Russia as Putin tries spin this as an additonal threat of expansion of its enemies.   We need to avoid any reason to give the Russian people any PR reason to keep supporting this guy.

The last I saw Putin has overwhelming support in Russia.