Author Topic: A foot of snow, blizzard conditions to threaten central US  (Read 383 times)

rebewranger

A foot of snow, blizzard conditions to threaten central US
« on: April 09, 2022, 05:32:16 pm »
A foot of snow, blizzard conditions to threaten central US
Courtney Travis - 2h ago

Amajor storm developing across the central U.S. in the coming week is forecast to bring over a foot of snow and blizzard conditions to portions of the northern tier.

A southward dip in the jet stream across the West is likely to bring cold, Canadian air into portions of the West Coast before it expands across the Rockies and the northern Plains into the early part of the week. This cold will set the stage for a more robust amount of snow as the week progresses.

The more impactful storm is expected to pivot through the interior West into Monday, strengthening as it does so. This will allow for locally heavy snow across portions of the Wasatch Range in Utah and the Bitterroot and Rocky Mountains of Idaho and Montana, while rain falls and soaks some of the valley floors.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/a-foot-of-snow-blizzard-conditions-to-threaten-central-us/ar-AAW2yEf?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3b598e9ba4d74648b7628ade7d399c2f

rebewranger

Re: A foot of snow, blizzard conditions to threaten central US
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 05:34:20 pm »
Doesn't MSN get excommunicated by Twitter and Facebook for lying about this storm?  Everyone knows major storms don't occur in April due to global warming!! :silly:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 05:37:16 pm »
Will this eventually hit the east coast, and if so, in the form of rain or snow?

rebewranger

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2022, 05:46:57 pm »
Here is the weather forecast for the next week in Grand Rapids, Mi.  From what I can see, it would look like it won't be east coast bound.

REST OF TODAY
Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain and snow showers through mid afternoon. Highs around 40. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
TONIGHT
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. West winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts to around 20 mph in the evening becoming light.
SUNDAY
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Light winds becoming southeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph in the afternoon.
SUNDAY NIGHT
Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain showers in the evening, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight. Lows in the lower 40s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.
MONDAY
Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 60. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.
MONDAY NIGHT
Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Lows in the upper 30s.
TUESDAY
Mostly sunny until midday then becoming partly sunny. A 40 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the lower 60s.
TUESDAY NIGHT
Rain showers and a chance of thunderstorms. Lows around 50. Chance of rain 80 percent.
WEDNESDAY
Rain showers likely. Highs in the mid 60s. Chance of rain 70 percent.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT
Rain showers and a chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 50s. Chance of rain 80 percent.
THURSDAY
Partly sunny until midday then becoming mostly sunny. A 50 percent chance of rain showers. Highs around 60.
THURSDAY NIGHT
FRIDAY
Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the upper 40s.

https://weatherstreet.com/weather-forecast/Grand-Rapids-MI-49508.htm

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2022, 06:03:18 pm »
I am so thankful that we moved out of MI. Just plain dreary weather most of the time.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2022, 06:04:12 pm »
Here is the weather forecast for the next week in Grand Rapids, Mi.  From what I can see, it would look like it won't be east coast bound.

REST OF TODAY
Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain and snow showers through mid afternoon. Highs around 40. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
TONIGHT
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. West winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts to around 20 mph in the evening becoming light.
SUNDAY
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Light winds becoming southeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph in the afternoon.
SUNDAY NIGHT
Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain showers in the evening, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight. Lows in the lower 40s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.
MONDAY
Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 60. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.
MONDAY NIGHT
TUESDAY
Mostly sunny until midday then becoming partly sunny. A 40 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the lower 60s.
TUESDAY NIGHT
Rain showers and a chance of thunderstorms. Lows around 50. Chance of rain 80 percent.
WEDNESDAY
Rain showers likely. Highs in the mid 60s. Chance of rain 70 percent.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT
Rain showers and a chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 50s. Chance of rain 80 percent.
THURSDAY
Partly sunny until midday then becoming mostly sunny. A 50 percent chance of rain showers. Highs around 60.
THURSDAY NIGHT
FRIDAY
Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the upper 40s.

https://weatherstreet.com/weather-forecast/Grand-Rapids-MI-49508.htm

Thanks.

rebewranger

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2022, 06:12:05 pm »
I am so thankful that we moved out of MI. Just plain dreary weather most of the time.

At least we rarely have major tornado breakouts, forest fires, no hurricanes, some minor floods, or earthquakes.  I think the reason the weather is so crappy is it reacts to all the Detroit pro teams. :drunk:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2022, 06:29:03 pm »
At least we rarely have major tornado breakouts, forest fires, no hurricanes, some minor floods, or earthquakes.  I think the reason the weather is so crappy is it reacts to all the Detroit pro teams. :drunk:

:beer: Well, we went once to see the Lions play -- they tanked.  But, the Tigers did win the World Series in '84 which was an exciting time for us. I had a bet going with some friends who swore that the Tiger would never come through and they did that year. Hubby and I would take turns mowing and doing yard work. He said the Tiger would never win, so the bet was on; whoever lost the bet would have to do the lawn for a year .... yep ... I won that bet.  :laugh:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

rebewranger

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2022, 01:08:41 pm »
That was 38 years ago and they haven't done anything since, except lose.  And the Lions are easily the most futile football team in the NFL.  In fairness to the Ford family, I wouldn't spend much on them either since they fill the stadium every Sunday no matter how bad they are.  The wings haven't terrorized the NHL since Stevie Y retired.  And  the Pistons have  been doormats since Chuck Daly.  And who wants to drive into Detroit and walk even a little bit?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2022, 04:58:04 pm »
Meh. I am in the Bitterroot. Nothing new. Nothing special. It could dump two feet and no one would raise an eyebrow,

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2022, 05:19:59 pm »
I noticed that Frostburg, Md., got a few inches of snow overnight.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2022, 01:07:10 am »
Meh. I am in the Bitterroot. Nothing new. Nothing special. It could dump two feet and no one would raise an eyebrow,
Even though most of that would wear out going sideways here, yep.

But this is why I have no interest in an EV.

It isn't the sunny days I buy my vehicles for, but the worst case scenarios (with the exception of motorcycles).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2022, 01:11:31 am »
Even though most of that would wear out going sideways here, yep.

But this is why I have no interest in an EV.

It isn't the sunny days I buy my vehicles for, but the worst case scenarios

That's right. And a 4wd pickup to boot.  :beer:

(with the exception of motorcycles).

...And why I own a snow machine and not a motorcycle.  :laugh: