Author Topic: Radical environmentalists urge people to target ‘wealthy areas,’ deflate SUV tires  (Read 474 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Chances of getting shot are high if this becomes a "thing"

A radical environmental group is urging its followers to target “wealthy areas” and let the air out of gas-guzzling SUV tires in an effort to fight climate change.

Adbusters — which describes itself as “an international collective of artists, designers, writers, musicians, poets, punks, philosophers and wild hearts” — posted instructions on how to deflate the tires.

“Wedge gravel in the tire valves, leaflet the SUV to let them know the tires are flat and why it was done, and walk away. It’s that simple,” the group said in a tweet.

“If we organize, we can hit enough SUVs in particular neighborhoods to spark reporting and spread the metameme,” it added.

The group also told its followers to “start by targeting wealthy areas – our goal isn’t to disrupt workers – and avoid targeting vehicles with disabled stickers or hangers.”

https://nypost.com/2022/04/11/radical-environmental-group-urges-people-to-deflate-suv-tires/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Great way for someone to have an "accident".
Screwing around with someone's vehicle could be hazardous to their health (the screw-er, not the screw-ee).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis